NEW VACANCY! (DM1220)
ACCOUNT MANAGER - DIRECT MAIL
£Open DOE + Commission / Bonus + Health Cash Plan + Life Assurance + Pension
Our client is a small mail / post business that is looking to grow. The business is part of a larger mailing business which has allowed the company to access the latest print, mail & post technology whilst complementing its its own range of mailing & printing devices in-house.
They are looking for an Account Manager to join the Client Services Team. There is great scope for fast-track career progression to Account Director for a highly driven candidate.
This role requires significant experience in professional client relationship management and requires a full awareness of the customer journey processes and techniques in modern print, direct mail / mailing fulfilment and UK & International Postage services.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Support your Client Services team with all the administration & campaign co-ordination duties associated with keeping Client's delighted. Including, but not limited to, quoting Clients (within 2 hours whenever possible) & following up on quotations to seek the order. Booking multiple mailing campaigns onto their Tharstern MIS system, dealing with many daily queries & tasks, keeping Salesforce & Tharstern accurate and any other ad-hoc duties required by your Account Director / team.
- You are a key point of contact for your teams Clients and are expected to be pro-active in your approach to keeping clients updated and informed, as mailing campaigns go through the factory and are despatched.
- Consulting with your Client Services team members, the Data Team, Print Team & the Operations Team to ensure each mailing goes out on time in full and with total accuracy.
- Liaison with the Finance Team to remain aware of Client credit limits and timely payment of invoices.
- Responsible for managing the order from quotation to invoice. Raising Client invoices within 48 hours of mailing despatch or raising 'pro-forma' invoices for new business and postage. (i.e., prior to mailing despatch).
- Regular pro-active contact with existing and occasional Clients to develop the spend, frequency of use and profitability for the company, under the guidance of the Account Director.
- Incoming new business enquiries are generally managed by your teams Account Director but support in raising new business quotations & follow up calls seeking to open new accounts will be required.
- Using your own initiative to enhance our Client's experience collaborating with them and supporting and encouraging the revenue & margin growth of the team.
- To seek out ways to maximise postage gross profit margin by exploring multiple ways to reduce buying-in costs.
- Creating samples packs for potential Clients.
- Maintaining and developing your own knowledge within the mail & post industry to support your own progression.
- Initiative-taking approach to work processes & procedures, identifying areas of improvement when necessary to enhance Client experience & the businesses performance overall.
- Be a positive team member, even when under pressure. They consider it vital, and part of the terms of employment, that the Account Manager plays their part to contribute to a happy & positive team culture. To positively help promote and support the growth of the business (top line and bottom line) and help support a positive, pro-active, 'can do,' team environment. The support of your finance / operations / data & print colleagues is vital to consistent financial success & progression (for you and for the business).
- Methodical approach to work, being able to multi-task and work with elevated levels of diligence and accuracy.
- Knowledge of direct mail / mailing fulfilment services & UK & International postal services
- Experience of Salesforce & Tharstern MIS is desirable - but training will be given.
- Microsoft Office Package: Excel, Outlook, Teams & Word is required.
- Communication - ability to consult with colleagues and clients in an effective & confident manner.
- Teamwork - to be a positive team member and help contribute to a happy & positive business culture. Demonstrate diligence & complete tasks, the ability to work to tight deadlines and without the need for close supervision or "chasing up."
- Diligence - complete work without the need for supervision and work to deadlines
- Can do attitude - enthusiastic, motivated, driven, flexibility to tasks and hours of work. Demonstrate desire to learn more & improve and accept ownership & responsibility for work & your own career progression & your team's performance overall. They really like to work with Account Manager's that are financially motivated and want to build a career and better life for themselves.