NEW VACANCY! (PK8139)
ARTWORK PRE-PRESS SPECIALIST - FLEXO / GRAVURE
SOUTH EAST ENGLAND
Salary Up To £35K / £40K (Depending on Experience) + Private Healthcare + Pension
Standard office hours are 39 hours per week.
Our client are currently looking for an Artwork Pre-Press Specialist to ensure that high-quality artwork files are supplied for the production process across all sites, in adherence to the rules and SOP's in place for both Rotogravure and Flexographic printing.
The role will combine three functions within the business and the ideal candidate will be proficient with all 3 of the Roles/Functions and inherent duties for such as outlined below:
Artwork Production Specialist:
- Provide Technical analysis of a customer's artwork/files: Discussion and agreement with NBD Team or Customer/Sales on work required to make customer files ready for production, if not already deemed suitable.
- Establishing efficient sequence and sharing of colours/cylinders within design range to maximise productivity during print process.
- Provide clear and concise instructions to Graphics Operators.
- Ensure that colour proofs/targets supplied are correct and suitable for production.
- Provide accurate estimation of time required for Repro process.
- Deal with customer/artwork suppliers queries on artworks/proofs as well as non-approval and amendment requests - including work and time estimation to complete.
- Analysis and Reproduction of customer artwork files according to the specifications and guidelines in place for gravure and flexo print processes and customer brand guidelines.
- Specifications as agreed between Assessment and the Customer and/or NBD department.
- Creation of SOP for container driven distortion process.
- Quality control for customer artwork files before requested proofs are sent for approval.
- Final quality checks before sending final files to production; plate-making or engraving.
- Order Profile Check for conformity with SOP's, including: Trapping, Gripping, Keylines, etc; Layers and File Structure; Colour Matching and Pre-distortion; Sequence and /Sharing; Glues/Lacquers and Layout conforms to 'Laysheet' supplied by TC dept; Step and Repeat Layout for Multi-design specifications; Engraving Parameters and Ticket Creation for Hell Engraving; Send Proofs to correct production site.
- Liaison with manufacturing operations (Engraving/Print) to consult on specific artwork issues i.e. Colour-matching on press.
- Conduct simple artwork corrections (text, colour name and services) as required.
- Strong knowledge of print production and/or prepress operations. Ideally covering both rotogravure and flexographic print processes.
- Strong knowledge of Esko ARTPRO pre-press software.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop/3D)
- Good understanding of colour science and related technologies/software.
- Management skills (planning, organisation, and integration.
- Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with other team members and departments.
- English must be fluent in verbal and written; fluency in additional European languages advantageous.
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and be multi-tasked orientated.