NEW VACANCY! (PK7485)
ARTWORKER SOUTHERN ENGLAND
(Please contact me for further location details)
Salary: £28,000, Contributary Pension Scheme, Death in service insurance, Employee Profit, Related Bonus Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Electric Car Scheme
Hours: 37.5 hrs Monday to Friday (08:30 - 16:30, 30 min lunch)
Our client is a leading International manufacturer of printed laminate structures to the Pharmaceutical and Food industries as well as other business sectors using gravure and flexographic printing technologies. In recent years the group has developed from a supplier with a strong European regional focus into a group which is active on a global basis in the world's most attractive and fastest-growing markets for packaging. The UK site is focused on providing short lead times to the customer for both small and medium production volumes.
They are currently looking for an Artworker to join their team. You will be using industry standard prepress software to convert customer supplied files into a press-ready format suitable for printing. The role will require close communication and cooperation with internal Technical and Originations roles as well as good communication with external Customers and Suppliers.
- Problem solving and a key eye-for detail are vital
- Proactive reporting of unsafe conditions and behaviours.
- Use industry standard software to take supplied customer artwork from originations concept through to 'press-ready' file for printing/cylinder creation on Gravure, Flexo and Digital processes.
- Liaise with customers to overcome artwork file issues and proofing requests.
- Assist with the creation and upkeep of artwork workflows.
- Ensure that all artworks are processed to schedule and customer specification and within acceptable quality limits.
- Maintain and oversee good GMP practices.
- Actively participate in culture of continuous improvement and engage in Operational Excellence
- Ensure a good level of house-keeping is maintained.
- Undertake training as necessary in order to provide future ad-hoc cover where required.
- Knowledge of artwork prepress / originations process; specifically, the steps and requirements needed to prepare a file to press-ready format.
- Good knowledge of printing processes - flexo, gravure and digital.
- Experience with industry-standard artwork packages, (Adobe CS, Artpro, Esko Automation Engine, Pakz or similar).
- Experience with artwork preparation for print - preferably packaging or within pharmaceutical industry.
- The candidate will need sufficient experience enough to be able to converse with customers, suppliers and Operators where needed to solve artwork related issues.
- Experience of working within a GMP environment - specifically managing creation of data and information.
- Experience working successfully within deadline-led office environment.
- The candidate will have previously worked in a customer-facing role with good communication skills and telephone manner.
- Problem solving through disciplined, organised approach.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to a changing situation.
- Good communicator: written and spoken.
- Ability to listen effectively, follow direction and provide feedback.
- Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and promote team work.
- Work ethic: Good eye for detail, determined and hard working.