An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Brand Design Specialists to join our team at ASDA head office, based in Leeds. These will be based on fixed term contracts, to be discussed at application stage.
You would be working within the Customer & Marketing Function; the Asda Brand Design team are responsible for managing Own Brand packaging design created by external agencies from concept through to artwork sign off and post launch reviews in store.
As a Design Manager you will be responsible for briefing and directing design agencies on any new brands that need creating, approving creative design, working with existing guidelines, managing activity through the design process to a critical path and signing off all related artworks on our asset management system. You’ll be required to work with a diverse team of stakeholders including internal brand and planning teams, structural packaging and technical teams, external suppliers and design & artwork agency partners. You will be a fundamental part of bringing Asda products to life for our customers and managing the consistency of our brands. You’ll be responsible for your own projects but working closely as part of a team which includes Design Managers across both Food and GM.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Managing the creative design of Asda own brands
- Managing design projects to a set critical path
- Approving, correcting, and signing off all related artworks
- Attending weekly project meetings with key stakeholders to ensure milestones are hit and timings are protected
- Building strong relationship with internal teams, advising, and guiding their decisions through a customer lens
- Working closely with, and challenging agency partners to ensure a high level of service is delivered
- Proven track record in design/design management in Food and/or GM Design
- A keen creative eye and excellent attention to detail
- Experience in signing off digital artwork proofs
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- Strong influencing skills
- A real team player and the ability to hold stakeholders to account
- Experience in working to critical paths
- A can-do attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and prioritisation skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please forward your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.