NEW VACANCY! (PK7347)
BRC / QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER - Food Packaging
COMMUTABLE AREAS: Cheshire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, South Lancashire
Start Salary Circa £32K (Some flexibility subject to experience) + 5% Pension + 28 days holidays
Our client is a well-established manufacturer of flexographic printed laminates for large blue chip food manufacturers.
They are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to be responsible for the management and improvement of the quality department and quality systems on site and for the compliance, maintenance and continued progression of Grade A BRC accreditation.
The successful candidate will have operated to BRC Global Standards for Packaging & Packaging Materials and ISO9001:2015.
It is preferred that you will have a good understanding of flexographic print, inks / solvents, adhesives, lamination, and conversion, although any areas of packaging and even candidates outside of the packaging sector will be considered.
- Maximise production throughput whilst minimising wastage, downtime and gross credits through systematic quality programs and grasping leading technology advances.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance.
- Ensure the quality systems and records are operated and maintained to the requirement of the OPM, including Quarantine area management and calibration.
- Manage suppliers of the site to guarantee correct quality material incorporating continuous improvement programs.
- Produce accurate and timely quality performance data to drive site continuous improvement.
- Manage technical trials to improve site capability with both customers and suppliers.
- Ensure customer complaints are dealt with in timely manner to affect a satisfactory outcome for customer and company and incorporate any learning into the company.
- Effective communications with Suppliers, customers, all levels of management and at operator level.
- Initiative, find new ideas and challenge current thinking, bringing projects through to completion.
Our client is part of an international group of experienced and established companies, innovative technologies, international expertise, and specialists from various disciplines under one roof.
Our client thrives on the opportunity to innovate and break new ground. This is the spirit that helped them to grow to become one of the leading European suppliers of flexible packaging. This is also the spirit that requires dedicated employees who not only look for new ways, but who are also willing to take them. Experienced professionals with a curious mind and an entrepreneurial approach, able to identify opportunities and knowing how to exploit them.