Reports to: Sales Director
Based in: Western Europe / to suit location of successful Candidate.
Must speak fluent English and either French or German etc
Role Function: Business Development of Paper & Film Materials for Labels, Tickets and Tags.
Target Markets: Convertors, Printers and Packers that go on to comprise the packaging for some of the world’s best-known brands across a multitude of sectors.
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of self-adhesive label, ticket and tag materials.
They have deservedly earned a reputation for innovation in the labelling industry, offering a wide range of globally distributed Paper and Film products.
Their “tailor-made” solutions include a wide range of adhesives and backing liners.
Years of continuous profitable growth have put them ahead of the game in innovation, design and development. Their position is particularly strong in the digital print and drinks sectors, where they offer best-in-class performance and functionality.
This is an opportunity to join their existing sales team which comprises of both directly employed salespeople and commission-based agents throughout Western Europe. These individuals have developed excellent long-term relationships with existing customers and are adept at identifying and delivering new opportunities as they arise.
There is also an opportunity for the right candidate to work across both our Client's existing customer base and with potential new customers at a Strategic level, identifying new opportunities and forming strategic alliances.
This pan-European role will focus on larger customers. It is a commercial role where success will be measured by additional sales - either selling existing products to new customers or new products or applications for new customers.
The objective is to win significant new business: firstly, by identifying and developing solutions in response to customer problems, opportunities and requests; and secondly, to take innovative thinking, products and applications to customers to develop new business.
This position requires an individual with very specific experience and professional background.
Previous experience and achievements must include:
• Currently working in our client's market sector - paper and packaging
• Be from a Label background i.e. convertor, (or very closely connected to a convertor), with strong knowledge of the label convertor customer base.
• Have a working knowledge of the vertical markets of Food, Chemical, Retail and Logistics to be able to quickly identify end user applications
• Know the main players in the supply chain
• Have a track record of identifying technical solutions for customers within the label industry and linked markets i.e. Packaging
Capability and Knowledge
• Understand pressure sensitive labels and capable of applying this knowledge to develop end user applications
• Significant technical knowledge to interpret and respond to customer needs
• Solid understanding of products and applications to develop new solutions and constructions, offering competitive advantage to customers
• A good level of knowledge of end user applications
• Have either a technical background or technical knowledge to understand the changing technologies within the sector
This role requires a strong candidate with business acumen, an ability to communicate across a wide range of clients and agents, and a drive for achieving tangible commercial results.
The externally based nature of this role will require the candidate to be sufficiently mobile and flexible as travel to UK Head Office and Western Europe.
Candidates must have a clean or “near clean” driving licence.
The position demands very specific results which will bring commercial success which the individual will share:-
- Highly attractive Basic and Performance related bonus.
- Potential to become a Companies House director
- Company car
- Membership of the company pension scheme
- Membership of private medical scheme
If you think you have the experience and skillset required for this challenging yet rewarding role, we would love to hear from you.
Key Words: Label Packaging / Paper Packaging / Paper / Labels
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com