NEW VACANCY! (PK6419)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - BAGS & SACKS
ANY UK LOCATION
Salary up to £40K depending on experience + Commission + Car/ Allowance + Pension
Our client specialises in the manufacture of Polythene, Biodegradable and Compostable polythene bags, sacks, tubing and sheeting for the waste manufacturing, food and general manufacturing sectors. They hold BRC and CHSA Accreditations that run alongside their ISO standards.
They are currently recruiting for a Regional or National Business Development Manager to focus bringing in new business covering a territory in the UK. The individual will have a great deal of autonomy and must be able to maintain a 'helicopter view' of the entire process. The job function requires commercial relationships to be established at all levels within the sales cycle. Having to interact with a multitude of people both within and outside of the organisation requires the ability to motivate, inspire and convince others. There are genuine career progression opportunities within this company for motivated and ambitious candidates.
Experience selling polythene bags and refuse sacks is essential for this role.
- To maintain accounts through selling existing products and develop new accounts through product development.
- Maintain margins through price increases with an eye to increase business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities are available.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- To develop new products through discussion with new and existing clients anywhere in the world.
- To follow up on samples sent out to various customers and close deals/secure business.
- To accommodate any other working requests from your Manager.
- Meet/exceed sales budgets.
- Proven track record showing the ability to open new accounts
- Experience and deep understanding of account building
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High levels of enthusiasm
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under own initiative