NEW VACANCY! (PK6812)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - BLOW MOULDED PLASTIC PACKAGING
MIDLANDS / NORTHERN ENGLAND
£Competitive Basic + Bonus + Pension + Company Car/ Allowance + Healthcare
Our client is an International manufacturer of blow moulded HDPE & PP plastic containers & jerry cans serving a worldwide client base in food and non-food industries, including UN approved. Our client has advanced moulding manufacturing facilities from 500 ml to 20 litre containers.
The company are currently looking for UK field based Business Development Manager to deliver proactive account management to a portfolio of customers in the jerry cans sector and develop sales to new customers.
- Prepare market analysis and strategic plans for developing business in conjunction with senior management team.
- Manage customer accounts and negotiate terms of business.
- Build and maintain productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts including those at senior level, purchasing, technical and marketing.
- Ensure that any new product development enquiries are in line with the current sales strategy of the company and are fully documented.
- Generate and distribute customer visit reports and highlight key actions required.
- Provide input to projects as required and support the achievement of the necessary timescales and milestones.
- Plastic packaging experience is preferred, ideally within the jerry cans or industrial blow moulding industry.
- Demonstrable track record of account management and business development.
- Skilled at interpreting customer requirements and communicating back to the in-house teams.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, entrepreneurial, with excellent team player skills.
- Computer literate and comfortable working with Excel Spreadsheets etc.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Negotiating pricing and commercial terms with customer base.
- Passionate and enthusiastic commitment to shared goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with both customers and internal personnel.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- A self-starter who is versatile and flexible to new situations and able to work under pressure to high standards and expectations to meet tight deadlines.