Job Role - Business Development Manager
Location - Manchester
Industry - Signage
Salary - £35,000 + Car + Bonus
Primary Job Purpose (The overall objective of the role)
KRG are currently working with a leading signage business in the North West. Our client are looking for someone to be involved in the sales activities from lead generation through the project management process. Develop and implement agreed Centre Sales and Marketing Plan which will meet both personal and business/sales goals of expanding customer base in a defined geographical area. Work with the centre's management and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction and revenue generation, in line with company vision and values.
Key Performance Deliverables
- Develop a £150,000 territory in first 12 months
- Update prospect client contact database
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with customers - work towards 'trusted advisor' status
- Develop long term account plans for new wins
- Provide a pre-sales consultation to ensure successful solutions are offered & delivered to the client's satisfaction
- Sell on value not price throughout all sales cycles
Key Performance Indicators
- Year 1 target for this role is £150,000
- Average target Client size - £7500
- Generate a sales pipeline of £350,000 to achieve target
- 25 client meetings per month is expected to achieve target
- 2 - 3 meetings average per successful sale
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Develop annual sales plan with Centre Owner detailing all sales activities during the fiscal year, which will focus the position on meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Demonstrate the ability to instigate and develop mutually beneficial relationships with other business owners, buyers and decision makers.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these using a "drill down" and "share of wallet" concept.
- Develop and maintain a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from telephone, marketing and field activity.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of a CRM system to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Develop a complete understanding of pricing and proposal models
- Complete all paperwork and follow established centre procedures from initiation through completion of a project (i.e., Work Order, credit approvals, POS entry, pre-payment collection, artwork approval, delinquent account collection, reporting).
- Prepare presentations, estimates and sales contracts.
- Establish and maintain estimate follow-up procedures.
- Prepare status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals for weekly sales meetings.
- Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Carry out market research; i.e. competitive shops and customer surveys.
- Identify and resolve customer satisfaction issues.
- Establish and maintain effective team relationships with all support departments.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
Constantly be looking for sales opportunities for the centre. Serve as a backup for answering the phone if the centre owner/other team colleagues are busy assisting other customers. Assist at the front counter as needed. Understand the sales process enough to consult with customers to determine project needs and solutions.
- Participate in networking and marketing events such as seminars, referral groups, trade shows, and telemarketing programs.
- Assist in collection of account receivables.
- Coordinate shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services.
- Conduct or supervise minor installations
- Coordinate various tasks & scheduling activities to ensure quality project management.
- Working conditions are normal for an office and a light manufacturing environment. Report to franchise partner or centre manager.
- Work may require occasional overnight travel, weekend and/or evenings.
To apply for this role, send through your up to date CV
Key Word - Signage, Signs, Sales, Business Development, POS, Print, BDM, Manchester, Signage, Signs, Sales, Business Development, POS, Print, BDM, Manchester, Signage, Signs, Sales, Business Development, POS, Print, BDM, Manchester