NEW VACANCY! (DM1199)
BUYER - PRINT & LABEL CONSUMABLES
EAST RIDINGS OF YORKSHIRE
£Dependent on experience + Bonus + Pension + Death in Service
Our Client is a long-established manufacturer of smart cards, tickets, labels and tags to international clients in diverse markets including public transport, aviation, automotive, manufacturing, logistics, pharma and retail.
They are currently looking for a Buyer to working in their purchasing department reporting into the General Manager. The Buyer will be responsible for the delivery of goods and service to meet customer requirements and business needs. Commercially responsible and accountable for supplier relationship - cost cash and credit.
- Generate purchase orders or supplier schedules that meet the production plan required by the business
- Expedite part demand as required
- Develop and improve supplier performance
- Implement and support cost reduction projects
- Support, resolve and identify supplier payment issues
- Ensure Inventory levels are at an optimal level
- Follow Procurement policy and management instruction
- Delivery performance measurement.
- Act as a lead commercial supplier contact covering Delivery performance
- Total acquisition cost
- Support year on year deflation
- Sold demonstratable experience of MRP/ERP operations.
- Good team working skills
- Strong Interpersonal & negotiating skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to gather, analyse & summarise data to develop appropriate actions
- Ability to prioritise critical work