Position: Carton Construction Designer
Salary: £25k - £35k
The Company: My client design and manufacture food packaging products.
- My client will consider a University leaver if they have studied either Product design, Module product design or packaging design
- You will be part of a multi-skilled design department, including Graphic Designers, Marketers and Digital Developers, located within a lively packaging manufacturing site, helping to expand the creative offering of the Company, which currently delivers food packaging solutions to over 60 countries world-wide.
- You will be a self-starter with a positive ‘can do’ spirit who will be able to demonstrate excellent communication, technical, innovation and creative skills in order to advise on and design an ever-evolving range of paperboard and combination packaging, primarily for the retail and food service sectors.
- As a team player, you will work closely with their experienced Designers, Marketers, UK and Export Internal and External Sales teams and, of course, their clients.
- Developing and defining packaging from briefs originating from both clients and colleagues alike.
- Generating concepts using Artios CAD
- Making revisions, additions and improvements to archived designs
- Working in collaboration with the Purchasing, Cut & Crease, Finishing and Die Managers to ensure the compatibility of new designs with existing manufacturing facilities. This requires an understanding, and ability to learn, of the complexities and challenges associated with a busy packaging manufacturing plant
- Producing layouts for estimating and die making
- Creating technical dimensional drawings
- Making samples and prototypes from a wide range of boards, using their Kongsberg Folding Carton Samples making table – this is an essential task carried out by the team and can be, at time, due to the number of samples required for transit and shelf life trials, repetitive
- Working with the Purchasing team to identify new materials and components
- Communicating with the Machinery Manager to ensure the Company’s continued evolution of machinery to complement the broad range of heat-seal and Modified Atmosphere Packaging
- My client is ideally looking for a highly creative and experienced paperboard carton construction designer. They are at the top of the foodservice packaging market in terms of design and manufacturing exporting to over 60 countries worldwide.
- Confident and accurate computer and data-entry skills – minimum of intermediate level Excel.
- Excellent telephone and email correspondence manner.
- Calm, organised, helpful and flexible, multi-tasking – a willingness to learn and help others – TEAM PLAYER.
- Be able to work to deadlines and work under pressure – highly organised administration.
- Experience within the food packaging environment would be advantageous but not necessary.