Carton Designer (Graduate)
£20,000 - £25,000 DOE + 20 days hols + Bank Hols + Pension
Mon – Fri 9am – 5.15pm
This as a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving company and be part of a multi-skilled design department to help to expand the creative offering of the Company which currently delivers packaging solutions to over 60 countries worldwide.
You will work closely with internal teams and of course, our clients to exceed expectations for innovative packaging creativity.
- Develop and define packaging from briefs originating from both clients and colleagues alike.
- Generate concepts using Artios CAD (training provided).
- Make revisions, additions and improvements to archived designs.
- Work in collaboration with the Purchasing, Cut and Crease, Finishing and Die Managers to ensure the compatibility of new designs with existing manufacturing facilities.
- Continuously develop an understanding, and ability to learn, of the complexities and challenges associated with a busy packaging manufacturing plant.
- Produce layouts for estimating and die making.
- Create technical dimensional drawings.
- Make samples and prototypes from a wide range of boards, using our Kongsberg Folding Carton Samples making table, maintaining attention to detail throughout the repetitions of this task.
- Work with the Purchasing team to identify new materials and components.
- Communicate with the Machinery Manager to ensure the Company’s continued evolution of machinery to complement the broad range of heat sealing and Modified Atmosphere Packaging.
- Some experience in cartonboard construction design which demonstrates high levels of creativity to exceed expectations in delivering innovative and creative packaging solutions.
- Strong ability to use Artios CAD and deliver 3D images.
- A self-starter with a positive ‘can do’ spirit able to demonstrate excellent communication, technical, innovation and creative skills in order to advise on and design an ever-evolving range of paperboard and combination packaging, primarily for the retail and food service sectors.
- Demonstrate a strong and genuine interest, as well as a creative flair, for packaging and its associated markets to contribute taking pride in a strong NPD programme as part of a creative team.
- Work with the Marketing team to develop innovative and unique products that reflect emerging food and eating trends from around the world.
- Confident and accurate computer and data-entry skills – a minimum of intermediate level Excel.
- Excellent communications skills – verbally, interpersonally and in writing across a range of mediums such as email, etc.
- Calm, organised, helpful and flexible with a willingness to learn and help others as a team player.
- Be able to work to deadlines and work under pressure, multi-tasking to adjust priorities in a constantly changing environment using highly organised administration to support.
- Experience within the food packaging environment would be advantageous but not necessary.
If you have got the relevant skills and experience to fulfil this Carton Designer position then forward your CV in the strictest of confidence by applying now. Or alternatively, call Scott Davies for further information.