An amazing opportunity for a Category Manager that has a strong Supplier Management background gained within a commercial print environment.
This innovative and long-standing client of ours is a leader within their field, specialising in print on demand.
Working with a small group of existing suppliers, the successful candidate will have a solid understanding of the production methods of print and across both traditional and digital platforms. Working closely with the internal Account Manager's, you will be responsible for negotiating prices, challenging techniques and taking the business forward as a whole.
What the role will consist of:
- Providing industry benchmarking
- Monitoring and reporting on supplier performance, value for money in the market place and leading on resolution of any supplier issues
- Analysing and reporting on supplier spend and developing appropriate MI
- Support tender and pitch responses, ensuring best market rates are negotiated and driving down costs where required
- Managing and developing a portfolio of supplier relationships including commercial arrangements with the view to driving best overall value for money and minimising supply chain risk
- An appetite to lead price negotiations with strong purchasing skills
- A desire to push innovation
- Have the ability to look beyond the initial request to find better ways of working
- Excellent communication skills
If you're a dynamic individual and someone that is up to speed with the evolution of print technology, then we would love to hear from you. This role offers an immediate start but my client is very aware that this is all about getting the RIGHT CANDIDATE so please send in your CV ASAP!