We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced hands on, skilled CNC Router CAD technician to join our ever expanding team and workload in our Events and Exhibition build team, producing large scale projects and builds for various client sectors including commercial interiors, high street retailers, exhibitions, experiential events, and roadshows.
The role of CNC Router CAD technician is to achieve “Right First Time” CAD technical drawings and program the CNC machine to ensure that all items and parts are correctly produced in accordance with the design and client sector build requirements.
You will be working closely with production managers, operations team and our 3D visualiser designer to develop ideas from visuals and 3D renders through to delivering CNC machined parts and elements that are within budget & adhere to all required specifications.
You will work closely with, project managers, operations and production managers and skilled carpenters, to ensure all projects and live build Installations are delivered and all requirements and needs of the client are met and exceeded with clear CAD as built drawings that on site teams can use to build and deliver using all CNC produced materials and parts.
As CNC Router CAD technician you will provide CAD drawings, CNC machine programming and task efficiencies on projects and tasks with day to day job requirements such as :-
• Attending daily production meetings
• Working with project managers to create build schedules and develop build and event ideas
• Work along side the 3D visualisation team to develop tool path files from visuals.
• Programme the CNC machine / software with data from technical drawings.
• Work out the most efficient order to carry out machining tasks.
• Choose the right tools for each stage, set the cutting speeds and tolerance levels.
• Operate the machine when required. • Check that work meets quality and technical standards.
• Maintain equipment.
• Event and Exhibition build experience would be beneficial.
• Hardworking, reliable ability to work as part of a team and take instruction
• Creation of build drawings for projects that can be shared with the wider team for build purposes
• Working knowledge of drawings and planning processes within a busy production environment CNC CAD
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU NEED
• Excellent timekeeping and good communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge of CAD software such as Vectric, DraftSight and Solidworks.
• Experienced CNC router skills and knowledge.
• 3D Visualisation skills would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max Unreal Engine, AutoCAD.
• Carpentry/joinery skills and experience would be beneficial.
• Comfortable with manual lifting.
• Excellent ability to problem solve, work to deadlines with fantastic organisational skills.
• Able to multi-task and prioritise, you will be working across a number of activities with tight deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office suite.
• Ability to liaise with tradesmen onsite to understand or talk through as built drawings and CAD plans.
• Effective time management skills with the ability to work to multiple deadlines.
• Experience within the furniture/joinery industry is preferred with knowledge of furniture and joinery construction methods.
• Qualification in Product Design preferred but not essential if you have equivalent experience or other relevant qualifications