A number of our clients are putting steps in place to prepare for life once it gets back to normal. This client, like many others, has instructed us to keep identifying potential candidates for the following role:
We are working with a leading packaging company passionate about state-of-the-art packaging design. They serve a range of high-end customers, providing consumer packaging, free-standing display units and promotional packaging. An opening has arisen within their dynamic team – they are on the search for a positive and energetic individual to take on a key commercial management role.
The Commercial Manager will control all planning functions in line with strategic business objectives to deliver exceptional customer service while at the same time balancing commercial returns through judicious pricing, operational efficiency, material optimisation and good cost control to deliver profitability targets.
Main duties will include:
• Manage the Estimating and Commercial Analyst functions.
• Manage our client’s team of 5 Customer services and estimating personnel
• Liaise with production Director to ensure delivery of Customer products
• Price estimates in conjunction with set price parameters
• Review and improve existing department methods of operation.
• Implement effective changes across the teams as necessary, working with MIS in support
• Communicate clearly across all areas of the business regarding commercial profitability and production capacity.
• Drive continuous improvement across all teams to deliver year on year improvements in productivity and profitability.
We are looking for someone who is not only dedicated to developing a team, but who also shows a dedication to maximising their own potential. You must be creative and able to think outside the box when it comes to challenging decision making.
Please note candidates must have estimating and people management experience to apply for this role.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, register with us at harrison-scott.com/candidates/register/
Please note that we will always seek candidates’ permission before sending a CV to clients.