This long-standing client of ours has an exciting opening for a purchasing based assistant to work in their commercial department of a busy printing organisation.
- The main purpose of the role will be to provide administrative support within the commercial / purchasing function across the full range of products and services purchased by the business.
- Provide commercial support for projects within the business including estimating and material requirements planning
- Plan and manage the creation of Purchase Orders
- Working with suppliers to ensure timely delivery to all internal and external customers.
- Maintain the Supplier data within the SRM database.
- Monitor stock levels and make recommendations to maintain optimal levels
- Seeking quotes against agreed specifications
- Developing working relationships with Key suppliers
- Support Commercial Operations Manager
The following provides a summary of responsibilities.
- Ensure materials are available when required by Production and through management of supplier lead times and stock levels
- Optimise ordering processes by looking at stock holding levels, order volumes and order frequency
- Supplier management – update and maintain an SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) database with details of approved and preferential supplier lists
- Monitor and report against supplier performance against agreed service levels and KPI’s
- Checking and challenging purchase order requests and supplier pricing to ensure optimal purchasing; maintain price lists where relevant
- Sourcing supply options for unique items or services, gain competitive quotes against a predetermined technical specification
- Support the process of the preparing financial proposals/estimates detailing specification, prices and terms/conditions in a timely manner.
- Support the process of assessing appropriate pricing levels based on historical data and market intelligence.
- Support the identification and delivery of cost saving initiatives.
Finance and Production Support
- Coordination with Client Services and Production to identify optimum production routing and thereafter create estimate to support route.
- Monitoring and understanding the progress of projects within the business to ensure timely order placement
- Coordinate timing of deliveries between the factory and suppliers, provide progress updates to Production Management
- Provide the variation between orders place, deliveries received and invoice to support the Finance team in approving payments
- Provide insightful information relating to Supplier activity and products.
The ideal candidate will have some experience in Purchase administration and production print.
- Practical experience within the Print or packaging industry ideally. Specifically, some knowledge of print production processes
- Experience within a procurement department
- Experience of developing commercial relationships
- A good level of Excel skills including modelling
- Proven ability to add value within an SME organization
- Working with MIS system
- Commercially minded.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Positive, self-starter attitude and desire to exceed expectations at every opportunity.
- Ability to identify issues and provide proposals for change
- Pro-active approach to procurement
- Flexible ‘can do’ approach.
- Good time-management skills.
- Committed, resilient and prepared to work extra hours as required.
- Service minded, ability to develop Supplier relationships.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Team player
If this role sounds of interest and you feel you meet most of the above criteria, we would love to hear from you so send in your CV ASAP!