NEW VACANCY (PK7367)
CUT AND CREASE OPERATOR - CARTONS WEST YORKSHIRE
£27-33K subject to skill & experience + 27 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Free Onsite Parking + Overtime Available
SHIFTS: Double Day Shift: 6-2 / 2-10
*** Potential Relocation Help on offer ***
Our Client is a dynamic & innovative printed packaging manufacturer operating for over eight decades, growing consistently with an exciting future.
An environment of continuous improvement, education, innovation & challenge. The company produces high-quality printed cartonboard packaging as well innovative niche packaging solutions for world recognised brands, through to SME's & start-ups.
Our client is looking for evidence of exceptional ability from committed, highly skilled cut & crease / die-cut operators. You will be responsible for output of high-quality production involving complex die-cutting processes including some decorative finishing such as embossing, requiring speed & operational efficiency, quality inspection & thorough ongoing machine maintenance.
Willing to bring ideas to the team & do whatever it takes in a fast-paced environment. A huge opportunity to be part of a progressive company with a tight-knit positive team culture.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Cut, crease & emboss on BOBST SP 102-SE
- Quality management & quality inspection
- Achieving target run speeds & maintaining departmental performance
- Control of departmental documentation, consumables
- Adopting the company's production IT systems
- Shared responsibility for the cut & crease department, reporting to the Production Manager & Managing Director
Candidate Requirements: -
- Experience running BOBST or similar cut & crease machines
- Experience in folding carton production or similar
- Experience with decorative embossing, single-level, multi-level, sculpted
- Experience with additional decorative processes such as foiling desirable
- High levels of energy to keep pace with ongoing production demand
- Willingness to undertake overtime when required
- Mechanical aptitude to maintain machines & address breakdowns
- An interest in the printing and packaging industry
- A genuine willingness to assist in all areas necessary
- Able to work well under pressure
- Good IT, written & verbal communication skills
- Interest in new technologies
- A positive attitude toward meeting challenges & a strong work ethic
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability
- An interest in progressing with the Company
The company is seeking committed candidates who will settle for nothing less than excellence in their day-to-day performance to meet the needs of demanding loyal clients.