Design Engineer Thermoforming
Hours: Monday-Thursday 07.00-16.000 Friday Half-day
The company: This award winning manufacturer of high-quality plastic packaging for various industries have a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer with CNC skills to join their design team due to continued company expansion.
Overview: A creative Design Engineer who is confident in their mechanical engineering capabilities and CNC skills. Must be able to work as part of a team and independently work on varied and interesting projects which will include complete packaging design / CNC machinery use / various software packages.
Your experience will dictate that you are qualified in Mechanical Engineering minimum Level 4 and are naturally able to use CAD & CAM. HyperMill CAM in particular generated from Solidworks 3D models.
Design Engineer Thermoforming Duties / Responsibilities to include:
- Production of toolpaths for both 2-axis turning centres and 3, 5 axis turning paths.
- Ensuring drawings / parts lists are accurate and meet the required standards.
- Utilising turning machining centres, lathes, milling and more.
- Meeting of agreed deadlines.
- Working as a member of a team.
- Contributing solutions and ideas to solve technical engineering problems.
- Observe existing projects and occasionally attending site visits to collect information.
- Reporting to the design engineering manager
Design Engineer Thermoforming Experience + Attributes:
- Level 4 minimum in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven design experience. Packaging design experience is advantageous and will be looked upon favourably
- An ability to demonstrate a flare for design and attention to detail.
- Ability to think in a methodical organised way.
- Can demonstrate an aptitude towards software-based engineering and drawing e.g. 3D Solidworks/ Hypermill CAM/ CAD/ Microsoft Excel & Word.
- CNC skills required
- Interested in continued training and improvement through on-the-job learning opportunities.
- Enthusiastic, positive & practical.
- Enjoys working as a member of a team.
- Proven experience writing
Key Words: Design Engineer / Manufacturing / Packaging / Thermoforming