NEW VACANCY! (SC2894)
DESPATCH OPERATIVE - LARGE FORMAT / EXHIBITIONS
£Open (Depending on Experience) + Other Benefits TBD
Our client is a well-established signage, large format, events and exhibitions company based in the South East. They provide some most prestigious brands in the market with a range of vinyl graphics, window graphics, acrylic graphics, signage, large format print, hoarding, finishing, mounting and exhibition / retail / display / events / venue graphics.
Main purpose of the role is to work within the packaging department on all aspects concerning that department. The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar despatch role and be able to work in a fast-flowing production department with the ability to work within tight deadlines. A strong grasp of the English language is essential both spoken and written, with strong computer literacy skills.
It will be the successful candidate's responsibility to make sure that the packaging & collation of all deliveries are delivered to the client & business expectations.
- Ensuring Quality is always at the highest concern.
- Highlighting any concerns on goods out to the production team prior to delivery.
- Working with the Production Director to help implement the computerisation of the department to aid free flow of work and help develop systems to increase efficiency within the department.
- Be able to understand and work with collation on larger projects in the business.
- Understanding the importance of labelling and packaging at-all-times.
- Making sure & understanding that all spreadsheets related to deliveries are correct and checked consistently.
- Working with the department from a permanent and freelance perspective.
- Making sure that any staff within the department are performing to the needs of the business at-all-times.
- Making sure the day-to-day consumables in the department are kept fully stocked at all times.
- Liaising with couriers on-a-daily basis, making sure that all packages are correct on courier manifests to the information you have been given.
- Liaising with Project Managers to make sure all projects are delivered on time and in full.
- Working to make sure the department is kept clean and free of potential hazards.
- Forklift License required but training can be given
- Always making sure that you are working within the H&S framework of the business & understanding risks and where they will occur.