A leading print and communications company is on the search for a Digital Media Operator can produce accessible web content. This an entry level position, requiring a base knowledge of HTML and CSS.
The main purpose of this role is to assist our client’s digital media team in converting signed off publications into web accessible content. The successful applicant will be trained in a strict conversion process and required to have a strong eye for detail and quality assurance.
A Digital Media Operator must be able to work to strict deadlines in a fast paced, high volume environment. You will be working closely with your team members, account managers and external stakeholders.
- Convert documents into html format
- Follow a strict process and adhere to guidelines
- HTML tagging, structure, formatting and validation
- Accountable for producing accurate work
- Quality assurance checks
- Some travel may be required
- Overtime during busy periods
- May be required to work on other type of digital projects
Qualification & Skills
- Experience of working in a similar role
- A graduate in a relevant discipline (preferred but not essential)
- Effectively manage workload, timescales and deliverables
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS (other web technologies would be a bonus).
- An understanding of digital media technologies
- Familiarity of W3C accessibility standards
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office suite
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proactive approach – willing to learn and work on improving processes to ensure efficiency for the business
- Communication Skills: ability to communicate efficiently and build rapport with departments across the wider business
- Seek opportunities to expand knowledge, grow and develop
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com