DIGITAL PRESS OPERATOR
SUMMARY OF DIGITAL PRESS OPERATOR POSITION
The Press Operator manages operation of the wide web HP20000 digital press(s) and communicates between Pre-Press and Converting Operator to deliver the laminated product to be converted into the final pouched and rollstock products. Responsible for the efficient operation of printing press which consists of running print webs of plastics substrates (PE, BOPP, PET, and other polymer based substrates). in accordance with specification.
DIGITAL PRESS OPERATOR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stocks inventory continuously for machines to run product
- Vets print files and job tickets and corrects them as needed with the front office personnel before printing
- Prepares files given to them by the Pre-Press department through the DFE
- Orders supplies to keep both Indigo machines operational
- Performs maintenance on machines as needed
- Keeps the HP up time kit fully stocked and updated
- Works with our Microsoft Dynamics system to efficiently build workflow
- Maintaining quality of materials produced.
- Set up and change over of press from one job to another.
- Loading rolls onto press and unloading finished rolls from press.
- Getting ink, cores, and other supplies required.
- Responsible for the waste of materials used in production.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor when press equipment needs repair work.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of HP Indigo presses (HP 20000 experience a plus)
- Simple mathematical ability for reports required
- Computer literacy
- Mathematical knowledge
- Ability to read a ruler
- Mechanical skills
- Attention to detail
DIGITAL PRESS OPERATOR EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 1-3 years in production field related to digital printing preferred
- College or A-Levels
- HP Operator 1 training essential
- GMP and HACCP certification in food related manufacturing and processing
Key Words: Packaging / Manufacturing / Digital Press Operator