NEW VACANCY! (SC2932)
DIGITAL PRINT OPERATOR - LARGE FORMAT PRINT
£Open (Depending on Experience) + 21 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension + Perkbox + Life Insurance + Free On-Site Parking
Hours of Work: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Our client is one of Europe's largest large format print manufacturers in the UK, delivering Print Excellence since the 1970's. They are dedicated to pushing the boundaries of print technology and providing customers with the best opportunities to deliver their print campaigns, from creative conception, right through to installations and fulfilment.
An opportunity has arisen to join their team in the role of an Operative (Print).
The successful candidate will:
- Operate multiple print machines and will work to a planned schedule.
- Ensure each job is signed off as correct before full production commences and signed off as complete at the end.
- Confirm all jobs have first off approvals either full-scale or mini proofs.
- Internally source material for each job and set up the machine correctly.
- Completion of print jobs in line with the production plan and successful interpretation of job cards/work instructions to customer specifications.
- Operate the IDC and rip jobs to the print machine.
- Completion of production paperwork i.e. handover sheets/count sheets.
- Identification and resolution of machine troubleshooting.
- Upon completion of jobs, transport to the finishing team with the associated paperwork.
- Report any deviations relating to the job card and/or materials to the Department Manager
- Support the whole team in the efficient running of the department.
- Ensure quality checks are completed as per Company process.
- Observe all print processes and inspect products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Ensure all products, materials and waste are clearly labelled and identified.
- Review system paperwork such as job cards for information and any other instructions. provided such as spreadsheets for accurate and efficient production.
- Work alongside less experienced members of the team and provide on-job training/coaching where necessary.
- Work alongside other functions within the production area as required to ensure production output meets dispatch requirements.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in line with Health & Safety guidelines
- Report any breakdown, defects or rejections to the appropriate Manager.
- Ensure that all waste is being disposed of in accordance with Company procedures and systems.
- Undertake and participate in training as required by the Company.
They are looking for candidates who possess:
- A solid digital printing background and experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced production/print role.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- The ability to use own initiative and 'think outside of the box'.
- An ability to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and are detail-orientated.
- Personal time management and people skills.
- Logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
- The flexibility on start and finish times to match customer requirements and sudden changes in dispatch requirement.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts.
The current working pattern operates on a 12-hour shift basis over a four-week period (rotating including day and night shifts).
- Week 1- 6am-18:00pm (Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Week 2 - 6am-18:00pm (Wednesday and Thursday)
- Week 3 - 18:00pm -6am (Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Week 4 - 18:00pm- 6am (Wednesday and Thursday)