The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the executing, monitoring and recording of the maintenance breakdowns and breakdown follow ups on a day to day basis. You will deliver a high quality maintenance service to production and must ensure that electrical works are carried out efficiently, effectively and safely. Responsible for carrying out planned work.To Perform a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance or repair of equipment for the distribution, or utilisation of electric energy.
- Providing maintenance support, entering data, updating equipment records, produce performance reports and participating in continuous improvement follow up
- Cost control consciousness
- Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting
- Electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, PLC-controlled plant, handling and packaging equipment, also pneumatic and hydraulic control systems.
- Technical support for the plant facilities and services.
- Performance of PM routines
- Support Production Team in achieving targets
- Closely monitor line and machine performance and intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs
- Work with equipment suppliers on new equipment and installations and modifications.
- To be observant & work off your own initiative when a fault is detected & to take action based on your best judgement on whether to effect immediate repair or not.
- Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies
- Troubleshooting using PLC Programs
- Responsible for completion of your planned work, shifts daily input, parts booked out of stores and control of breakdowns
- Observing all onsite and legislative rules and regulations in terms of Health and Safety.
- Using all resources such as manuals, service contacts etc to aid in breakdown recovery.
You should have the following skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- Have a Gold Card Electrical License.
- Have solid, verifiable, directly related work experience
- 2391 Inspection and Testing
- 18th edition training
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- On-site car parking
- Annual salary increase
- Sharesave scheme
- Long service award
Essentra is built on diversity. Our ambition is to build an inclusive culture where diversity is embraced, and everyone feels safe, respected, valued and able to thrive as part of a winning, engaged team.
As part of our recruitment process you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. Documentary evidence will be requested at interview stage.