ELECTRICAL MECHANICAL ENGINEER - FLEXIBLE PACKAGING
NORTH WEST (Please contact me for further location details)
£Open depending on experience + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension
Hours of Work: Shift Work
Our client is a major manufacturer of printed flexible packaging for FMCG markets, due to increased growth they are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical / Electrical Engineer to join their team.
Your objective is to ensure plant and equipment is maintained at optimum levels to guarantee smooth operation of the facility in line with H&S guidelines . You will also be expected to be innovative and recommend and implement improvement ideas that increase overall equipment effectiveness.
You will have a good understanding of modern maintenance techniques as well as good working operational knowledge of a manufacturing site. You should also be capable of ensuring a quick reaction to daily business needs.
Skills / Experience:
- Previous experience in the Flexible Packaging sector dealing with Flexo machinery such as W&H Print presses, Laminating and Slitting machines would be a distinct advantage
- Time served Mechanical /Electrical Engineer.
- Minimum ONC in a relevant Mechanical discipline.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Strong team player who is familiar with and can example a continuous improvement culture.
- The ability to self-manage workloads against the correct priorities
- Experience of working in a fast paced engineering environment (ideally FMCG) is essential.
- Strong understanding of H&S in a manufacturing environment.
- Awareness of modern maintenance techniques.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literate (excel, word etc.)
- Process improvement and preventative maintenance would be beneficial
- Technical support resource for reactive maintenance across plant to ensure a safe, timely and effective close out of live plant issues.
- Proactive fault prevention and continuous improvement activities to deliver key maintenance KPIs
- Complete root cause analysis reports on major engineering stoppages across site.
- Support the close out of health and safety, Quality and CI actions lists.
- Reliability focused using modern techniques such as TPM, RCA, RCM and FMEA.
- Coaching and supporting operators to develop their skills on assets across site.
- Provide support for project activity and change initiatives as appropriate.