Circa. £55K (Client is flexible on this) + 12% Bonus + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package + Annual cycle to work scheme
Our client is currently looking to recruit an Engineering Manager to be responsible for the management, motivation and development of the sites Engineering Department.
You will be reporting to the Operations Director and will take full accountability for the Engineering function consisting of a team of 11 Engineers, Technicians and Stores Personnel.
The key purpose of this role is to establish and embed a regime of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM). During the implementation of new techniques, it is expected that the factory will continue to run reliably whilst adopting improvements in safety, product quality, machine performances (OEE) and operational autonomous maintenance along the way. The role will be carried out in accordance with standard operating procedures, which will require development where necessary.
- Direct Line Management of the Engineering Supervisors and Engineering Team members including performance management, absence management, reporting and ensuring adequate cover within the team at all times
- Ensuring the effective running of the Engineering Service function, making appropriate decisions for the downtime of critical plant allowing maintenance and Plant Engineers to assess the status of equipment and ensure it is fully functional and make planned repairs and upgrades
- Measuring and reporting on KPI's accurately, recording in SAP with the correct dates and times
- Ensuring the Engineering Stores Management processes are followed and maintained by the Stores personnel and Engineering Service Teams
- Daily you will need to chair the DER (Daily engineering Review), attend and participate in the DAC (daily action centre) and WOR (weekly operational review) meetings, generate a weekly PM schedule to facilitate plant repairs as required
- Managing CI projects to improve the plant productivity, H&S and wellbeing of the employees
- Daily performance reviews with the Engineering Supervisor and Team Leaders in meetings, to establish if a breakdown could have been prevented, and what actions will be required to achieve this through preventative measures to deliver a continuous improvement in the plant performance
Qualifications / Experience:
- Engineering Qualification
- Solid understanding of predictive and preventative maintenance techniques
- Experience of leading a team / people management
- Resilience, self-motivation and passion for the role
- Background in root cause problem solving techniques
- Understanding of process control technology and uses within FMCG
- Minimum 10 Years extensive engineering and maintenance experience preferably within the FMCG industry including leadership experience