A creative marketing communications company that helps brands grow and sell their products/services is looking for the newest addition to their procurement team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a wide range of high profile clients in sectors such as FMCG and home entertainment, offering a wide range of activations throughout our client’s marketing services solution. Their core products are, but not limited to, Print, POS, Packaging, Graphics, Promotional Merchandise, Event activations, Semi-perm and Perm POS.
As Estimator/Buyer you will be required to manage all elements key projects within the department. This will include:
• Operate within the point of sale/graphics and perm POP category. Work with the Head of Estimating and Procurement Director to develop the supply chain to best suit business needs.
• Have ownership of any project you estimate until its completion liaising with the rest of the Procurement throughout the projects life
• Ensure that the supply chains full potential is exploited to the benefit of the wider business.
• Ensure all purchasing is completed to ensure long-term improvements in quality, cost and delivery, with engagement and support of key stakeholders so as to enhance the competitiveness of the company.
• Operate within the estimating and procurement framework at all times.
• Support the Head of Estimating to ensure all estimates are completed in require time-scales, quality and budgetary constraints.
• Work on estimates accurately and effectively and submit a full cost analysis on competition.
• Produce a high volume of technically accurate estimates.
• Effectively use internal departments and external suppliers to deliver projects.
• Accurately interpret technical drawings and specifications to produce competitive estimates.
• Actively contribute to the recommendation of materials and techniques where necessary and source the most competitive costing for the client and company.
• Ensure purchases are made within any existing pricing frameworks.
• Embark on any cost saving exercise appropriate to the business and its clients whilst maintaining the best possible level of service.
• Develop and maintain fixed rate cards wherever possible and ensure these structures are accessible to the rest of the Procurement team
• Ensure all supply opportunities are explored within your category.
• Identify and maximise any cost saving opportunities
• Ensure Purchasing/Production teams are fully briefed on your project, and ensure all works have the appropriate job numbers and purchase orders raised.
• Manage the projects through its lifecycle as required acting as an escalation point for those projects.
• Liaising with the rest of the procurement team, suppliers, account management and design professionally and effectively to ensure the best result.
• Assume a customer focus approach when managing any project.
Note that our client operates in a fast-moving business where role requirements change frequently and there is a need for people to undertake additional tasks and responsibilities. You will be required to undertake other duties aligned to your skills and experience.
Candidates must have at least 3 years in a similar estimating/procurement role within the POS and/or packaging arena with extensive knowledge and understanding of print and production processes.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, register with us at harrison-scott.com/candidates/register/
Please note that we will always seek candidates’ permission before sending a CV to clients.