NEW VACANCY! (SC3354)
PRE-PRESS OPERATOR / ACCOUNT HANDLER - DIGITAL / LARGE FORMAT / POS
£Open (DOE) + Free Parking + Company Events + Pension
This is a fantastic new opportunity for the ideal candidate to join a growing design and large format digital print production company servicing mainly blue-chip end users. The successful candidate will have at least three to four years industry experience conducive to the role and a fantastic communicator both with clients and colleagues.
The candidate will display a passion for producing quality service and work and will have a depth of experience in working within the studio of a print manufacturing business preparing artwork for production on a variety of different digitally printed materials, products and machinery from portable display stands to FSDU's for internal and external production. They will demonstrate an ability to work on their own initiative, manage their time effectively working to tight deadlines at speed and accuracy. They will have the confidence to suggest and implement new procedures and techniques with prior approval and be able to schedule their workload to meet all deadlines.
As Pre-Press Mac Operator/Account Handler, you will:
- Be excellently skilled and be fully literate in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and other Mac based software to perform all artworking requirements and conversant standard PC based office software
- Ensure all artwork adheres to the job detail and brief, colour matches and client brand guidelines
- Offer creative input into marketing requirements and undertake occasional creative design briefs for clients
- Work proficiently as an integral part of a busy, friendly production team
- Ideally be conversant in 3D software for CAD engineering to create FSDUs, CDUs, etc.
- Upkeep operational systems and software and ideally have a working understanding of networking to act as a liaison between the business and external IT Suppliers
- Operate small format and large format digital printers to produce a variety of printed matter
Key attributes required:
- A "never fail" attitude to meeting deadlines
- Ability to produce and proof print-ready artwork without assistance
- Excellent interpersonal skills whether dealing with clients, external suppliers or colleagues
- Experience working on files for a varied range of print production
- Understanding of corporate brand guidelines and provide artwork within those guidelines
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- A detailed knowledge of small and large format digital printing products and techniques
To apply for the role please send a copy of your CV