We have an unmissable opportunity to join one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Print Equipment. Since establishment, this prestigious client has manufactured products of superior quality and reliability, beyond expectations. This is a fantastic chance to join a company that is not only a leader in the industry it serves, but one that also respects its people and has a strong focus on environmental conservation and corporate ethics.
They seek an experienced and qualified Electrical Engineer with an aptitude for technical problem solving to work at their Print Customer premises throughout the UK and on occasion overseas (predominantly Europe). A full driving license, flexibility to regularly travel / work away from home to cover the customer base, and to also work overtime and occasionally at weekends is therefore essential.
As field service electrical engineer, you will be responsible for installing, servicing and diagnostic evaluation and repair across our client's highly regarded range of printing presses.
Multi-skilled Engineers will be given equal consideration but you will need to be 'electrically biased'. To apply for this role you must have a recognised qualification in electrical engineering and experience of process control electronics, PLCs and diagnostics using a variety of software applications. Applicants with a background in the printing/packaging industry, or digital printing technology will have a distinct advantage.
- Install presses at customer sites in line with work schedules and customer installation requirements, liaising closely with the Project Engineer and other members of the installation team.
- Respond to electrical technical requests from customers, making appropriate diagnoses and suitable recommendations to resolve technical queries/issues in a timely manner.
- Carry out pre-planned service interventions.
- Refer to comprehensive reference documentation, in addition to assistance from other members of the service team to overcome any difficulties.
- Accurately report on each assignment, providing full details of the actions taken and outstanding requirements.
Liaise with senior customer staff, communicating the exact nature of the technical requirements of the job and ensuring that the scope of the work is agreed before work begins.
- Maintain good working relationships with customers, being mindful that electrical engineers are representatives of the Company.
- Promote the Company’s pro-active service products and training to customers, reporting any potential leads to the Service Manager.
A customer service focused individual with strong communication skills is therefore a must.
- Work as a member of the service team, ensuring that all electrical work is completed on time and to appropriate quality standards, as defined by internal service management procedures.
Health & Safety
- Take reasonable care of own Health & Safety at work, and that of others, and co-operate with Company arrangements.
• Life insurance
• 25 days hols + 8 days bank hols
**CVs in MS Word format please (.doc / .docx)