NEW VACANCY! (SN2329)
FIELD SERVICES TECHNICAL MANAGER - ARCHITECTURAL DIVISION / SIGNS & GRAPHICS
EAST ANGLIA OR WEST MIDLAND AREA (please contact me for more information)
£Open depending on Experience + Pension + Car + Good Holiday Allowance
Our client is one of the UK's leading Graphics, Vehicle Media, Signs and Branding companies dealing with various market sectors including transportation, retail, promotional, architectural, events and petroleum to name a few.
They are looking to recruit a Field Services Technical Manager to join their team. You will be responsible for coordinating and managing the specification, third party sourcing of supply and install resources based requirements for complex architectural programmes of work, coordinating internal resource and managing customer satisfaction.
This role can be office or home office based with travel to client sites across the UK, the ideal candidate will be based in the West Midlands and East Anglia.
The Role / Responsibilities:
- On site liaison with customers at programme set up stages to manage and maintain excellent service and delivery.
- Confident and able to work with relevant teams and individuals to develop solutions that support delivery and increased customer experience.
- Objection handling (complaints), reactive and responsive to complaints that are manageable on site but escalate other complaints to relevant Account Manager.
- Relationship building with the customer attending customer meetings where necessary and conducting on site visits to customers regularly.
- Demonstrate and Champion the companies values and behaviors.
- Influence and delegate while maintaining responsibility.
- Conduct technical site surveys, including accurate measuring / sizing skills, data capture, consideration of potential installations considerations or complexities.
- Have knowledge of access equipment requirements.
- Material and product knowledge and understanding to full scope on site and installation requirements.
- Co-ordinate between sub-contracted Architectural Product manufacturers, internals production and the relevant installer network to ensure all technical specifications are understood, available and carried out adhering to Health and Safety guidelines.
- To work on site, on behalf of the Account Manager, to coordinate and support the field-based elements of complex programmes of work.
- PIP (Project implementation planning) in conjunction with Account Director and Account Management teams.
- Understanding and decision making to meet conflicting demands, in the best interests of the business and customer.
- Identify and unblock obstacles; problem solving.
- Ability to understand complex and detailed requirements internally and externally.
- Matrix management; ability to manage across departmental boundaries
- Escalate relevant issues where necessary
- Ability to conduct complex site surveys on site.
- Ability to interpret surveys in order to co-ordinate requirements between installer and manufacturer.
- In depth knowledge of Health and Safety
- Be able to carry out risk assessment drafting and management with the support and advice of Health and Safety Manager
- Sound electrical competency skills/knowledge
- Technical skills to assess, understand and identify access requirements.
- In depth understand of signage and awareness of technical aspects of signage installation.
- Works to a standardised system
- Uses systems appropriately and comfortable using a self serve approach to problem solving
- All admin associated with the design, specification and delivery.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Architectural experience with technical skills in field services
- Thinks creatively and is willing to positively challenge how things currently are.
- Encourages new ideas and creativity in others.
- Reflects and learns from experience, taking the positive out of different situations
- Overcomes setbacks and disappointments quickly and constructively.
- Listens to and empathises with the views of others, irrespective of own opinions.
- Continues to have a 'can do' attitude and support colleagues even when under pressure or experiencing difficulties.
- demonstrates fairness and respect consistently towards every team member regardless of role
- Maintains ongoing, two-way, reciprocal conversations and relationships.
- Actively commits to and demonstrates the values of the business and promotes them positively to all around them.
- Takes a proactive approach in ensuring that the vision, values and behaviors are always upheld and acts in putting things right when this doesn't happen.
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for playing an active role in the success of the wider business.
- Stays focused and puts personal energy and commitment into successful task completion to the required standard.
- Demonstrates a 'can do'/proactive attitude towards challenging performance targets.
- Acknowledges and values own performance and, where appropriate seeks positive and constructive feedback from others.
Qualifications and Experience:
- APM foundation qualification (desired)
- IOSH Health and Safety Qualification (required)
- Electrical qualification (required)