An opportunity has arisen for a Finishing Assistant.
The successful applicant will ideally have experience of working within a manufacturing environment, preferably one which involved packaging and or greetings card production, however this is not essential as full training will be provided. Applicant must be willing to work on a rotational shift pattern which includes nights.
- Stripping and Strapping of Pallets
- Machine Feeding, Box Making and Packing
- Palletisation of Outers
- Obtaining components necessary for the production of required work
- Undertake all necessary admin including using relevant IT and paper based systems
- General housekeeping including tidying up of the department
- Any other duties as instructed by the machine operators
Skills and Attributes:
- Being able to work well within a team and as an individual.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work under strict timescales
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Confident and enthusiastic with a desire to learn and develop through continuous training
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Experience of working within the packaging/greetings cards sector an advantage
- Organised, methodical and logical approach to work
- Able and willing to do overtime during busy periods.
Benefits for the Finishing Assistant include:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 25 days holiday entitlement + 8 Statutory Bank Holidays
- Workplace Pension
- Training on all relevant IMS`s and personal development in line with the role
- Overtime available, paid at x1.5 standard hourly rate
- 20%Shift Premium when working on the Night Shift