A fabulous opportunity for someone who is currently in sales to move up to the next level of general management
An established supplier of flexible packaging, specialising in the confectionery and food markets, has an exciting new opening. This is a company which has built its customer base through providing high quality products, reliability and a level of customer service that is second to none. They provide a range of products and materials to suit all customers. Not only do they service the big names, their ability to turn around small bespoke runs allows smaller companies in niche markets to be competitive.
This flexible packaging leader is looking for a self-motivated, confident, pro-active and highly organised individual with a natural ability and proven record in leading a sales team. Your remit will be to lead the team, delivering profitable revenues and further grow the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career, as this multi-faceted role will encompass both sales and operational management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build, train, mentor and lead the sales team
- Responsibility for building, adapting and executing sales and new business development strategies
- Full budgeting responsibility for the UK
- Engage with key customers and external stakeholders to find creative ways to grow sales
- Work closely with the Operations team to coordinate campaigns, promotions, forecasting, product launches and to maintain customer service levels.
- Continuously improve sales processes and systems, elevating company standards
The Sales Director / General Manager will have the following attributes:
- Proven experience in sales team management. Operations experience is a bonus
- Background in flexible packaging
- P&L experience will be an advantage
- Ability to thrive in high-pressure situations
- Outstanding negotiating skills
- A natural leader who inspires and motivates those around them
- Proven success of generating and closing business as an individual and through effective team leadership
- Ability and capability to craft and execute new sales and marketing strategies
- Energetic, proactive, driven and genuine
- Established network in flexible packaging sector
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com