NEW VACANCY! (PK7481)
FLEXO PRINTER - PACKAGING
WALES / WEST MIDLANDS
Up to £30K DOE + Pension + Healthcare + Death in Service + Cycle to Work Scheme + Discount Scheme + Inhouse Healthcare + Electric Car Scheme + Overtime at Double Time
Hours: 3 Shift Pattern: Week 1: 6am - 6pm Monday, Tuesday Wednesday, Week 2: 6am - 6pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Week 3: 6am - 6pm Thursday and Friday.
Our client is a family-owned company specialising in premium quality flexible films, this International Group has established its position as a market leader in the UK and across Europe through continued investment in manufacturing capability, new product development, quality excellence, and the creation of an unprecedented service culture.
They are currently looking to recruit Flexo Printer to operate wide web 9 to 11 colour Flexographic Printing equipment according to procedures and job specifications. Daily productivity responsibility ensuring that individual schedule and targets set are achieved. Ensuring that jobs are produced to the highest quality level and that quality procedures are followed. Relaying information through the Specification sheet on how jobs are produced and exactly what settings are required to repeat the process.
Ensuring job set up in most efficient time using minimal ink and materials. To work with the Shift Manager to continually improve quality, processes and production efficiencies.
Responsibility for cleanliness and general maintenance of equipment used in the printing process. Report any tooling that is not performing as well as is expected so that, if necessary, replacements can be purchased. Follow all safety procedures when operating equipment and performance of job duties.
Quality checking at an early stage to avoid wasting time and materials. Working with other departments such as Maintenance, ink stores, pre-press and Quality
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for setting and operating print machines in accordance with the production plan
- Quality checking of products at various stages of the print process
- Carry out basic maintenance procedures
- Adhere to standard KPI's set by the Shift Manager
- Work closely with other departments throughout the production process when required
- Health and safety
Characteristics and Requirements
- Experience within a high-volume environment is essential, preferably with experience of automated processes.
- Experience of working as part of a team and a flexible approach to work is essential, including the ability to work the required shift pattern in line with the business needs.
- Applicants should be conscientious and have experience of checking products to ensure they meet quality standards.
- Sound verbal and numerical skills are required for this position.
- Applicants must have a good attendance and time keeping record.
- Good communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of 5S, TPM, Kaizen and Kanban systems would be an advantage.
- Basic PC skills
- Full SAP training will be provided.