Great opportunity for an experienced Flexo Printer to join this award winning, self-adhesive label manufacturer. The business has traded for over 30 years and produces top quality work for retailers and brands alike.
If you've got a background within Flexographic printing (producing Labels or Packaging) and have operated either a Nilpeter Servo Press, Mark Andy, MPS or similar, then this position could be of great interest to you.
To produce quality labels in a timely and efficient manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate Printing equipment according to procedures and job specifications
- Daily productivity responsibility ensuring that individual schedule and targets set are achieved.
- Ensuring that jobs are produced to the highest quality level and that the ISO9001-2000 quality procedures are followed.
- Responsibility for cleanliness and general maintenance of equipment used in the process.
- Relaying information through the Specification sheet on how jobs are produced and exactly what settings are required to repeat the process.
- To work with Production Manager to continually improve quality, processes and production efficiencies.
- Advising the Production Manager if any tooling is not performing as well as is expected so that, if necessary, replacements can be purchased.
- Follow all safety procedures in operating equipment and performance of job duties
- Maintain work area in organised manner.
- Security and key holder responsibilities as required.
- Maintain of AVT inspection equipment to ensure optimum effectiveness
- Communicate with rewind via tab report on job card
- Mindful use of consumables Inc. gloves and rags
- Ensuring job set up in most efficient time using minimal ink and materials
- Checking at an early stage to avoid wasting time
- Adjusting and recording ink mixes
- Checking colours using spectro
- Organising pre-press team for maximum efficient
- Perform pre-check of colleagues work when requested
Skills & Experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous printing experience desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written)
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job (lifting up to 50 pounds, prolonged standing)
- Ability to work as a team member and independently
- Ability to learn and apply new procedures and methods
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and ability to read a ruler
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to follow safety procedures
If you have a Flexo printing background, are quality conscious and are able to work on a double day (6am - 2pm & 2pm - 10pm) shift pattern, please send in your CV ASAP!