Flexographic Printer - Film
Salary - £24-28K + Shift Allowance (circa £3471.24)
Benefits; 22 days holiday, Life Assurance, Free Car Parking
2 days x 6am-6pm
2 days x 6pm-6am
4 days off
Company -Established in 2013 this company is a global leader in the manufacturer and distribution of packaging solutions, employing over 11000 people over several countries. This site is a print, bag making and finishing production facility.
Overview - The main purpose of this role is to produce high quality products to customer specification. To achieve KPIs and quality levels set by the Line Manager.
Ensure day to day running of print press is fully utilised and optimised.
- As a Flexographic Printer, you will be responsible for print quality, printing reels of film to meet the requirements of their blue-chip customer base
- Operating Comexi Printers, you will complete both surface and reverse printing using up to 8 colours, including inline Domino ink jetted sequential numbers and barcodes
- Demonstrate an active engagement with constantly looking for ways to improve the process to drive commercial benefit.
- Participation in company Continuous Improvement (CI) activities.
- Responsible for producing quality finished products to the required operational standards, ensuring the Print Quality procedures are always followed.
- Ensure that jobs are only be passed off using the Print Quality Procedures, reel samples must be checked against all pass samples and all relevant documentation completed.
- Ensure that all pallets meet the requirements of the packing specification and that associated documentation is completed correctly.
- Ensure that you are working to the safe systems of work and that Task Cards have been completed for the work undertaken.
- Understand the product information, order documentation, product specification and customer requirements
- Ability to set up all machines within areas of responsibility and be aware of the production targets for each shift.
- Run speeds should be maintained in line with operational requirements and any issues which result in low run speeds should be reported to the Team Leader.
- Complete SIC sheets correctly to ensure that production data is measured and can be relayed to other departments.
- Completed works orders are to be passed to the team leader, together with information on any low yield issues.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment, following the 'clean as you go' policy with a working knowledge of cleaning schedules, complying with safety, quality and environmental policies
- Ensure all machinery is functioning correctly
- Keeping high standard of presentation of finished goods to customer
- Minimise downtime by following SMED procedures
- Operate at or below make ready and running waste targets.
- Maintain the necessary operational standards for BRC accreditation at all times.
- Ensure all appropriate PPE is worn as and when necessary.
- Any other duties required to meet the prevailing needs of the business.
- Ensure effective communication within productions department and line manager.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are adhered to (SOP's, H&S, dignity at work, attendance, holidays etc.)
- Ensure that the "housekeeping" is up to date within your working environment.
- Knowledge of flexographic printing process
- Preferable someone with experience of running a Comexi press
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good organisational and self-motivational skills
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
TO APPLY please email your full CV details to us and we will be in touch. All applications are strictly confidential and your details will not be shared with any organisation without your express permission and consent.
Key words; packaging / flexographic / flexo / mark andy / nilpeter / comexi / printing