Glueing Machine Minder
£21,450 - £24,375 + 20 days hols + Pension
Monday to Thursday 8am – 4.30pm Friday 8am – 1.30pm
A British designer and manufacturer of food packaging products established 80 years ago and have since gained an international reputation as a leader in innovative food packaging solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company with an international reputation for the creative development of food cartonboard and hybrid packaging who are going through a sustained period of growth and are continuing in their investment into the company.
- Ensure the quality of finished work and compliance with BS EN ISO 9002 (1994) Operating Procedures.
- Set the glueing machines in accordance with the works’ instructions.
- Ensure the machine is running at its optimum to maximise efficiencies.
- Work with the Assistant Finishing Managers to ensure all sundry stock levels are maintained.
- Ensure that the machine is fully compliant to all Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure that all information relating to the machine output is recorded correctly.
- Monitor the quality of work being produced checking that it is being checked properly, the correct labels having been given to use on the outer cases and the pallets are stacked correctly ready to leave the department.
- Report any quality issues immediately to either the Assistant Finishing Managers, Finishing Supervisors or Quality Control.
- Make sure all sets are carried out using the master sample in the job bag. Any deviances from the job bag instructions must have concessions raised and be authorised by the Production Manager.
- Ensure the machine is running to the maximum output for the product without jeopardising the quality.
- Make sure that the areas around the machine are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Liaise regularly with the Finishing Assistant Managers to ensure that suitable glue and outers are used.
- Advise the Assistant Finishing Managers or Supervisors if any of the operators are not working in a safe manner as set out in form reference numbers SDM/234 Safe Working Instructions for Feeding and SDM/244 Safe Working Instructions for Taking Off.
- Ensure that all machine stop buttons and guards are in place and working correctly.Any faults must be reported to the Assistant Finishing Managers or Chief Engineer immediately.
- Monitor and record machine production figures and make sure all timesheets and job bags are filled in correctly.
- Must have experience of “In line gluers” (Jagenberg glue lines) and tray forming machines (Heider and Schröder) preferably within the food packaging industry.
- You will be a self-starter who can work under your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Able to work under strict deadlines to ensure production targets are met
- Excellent communications skills and able to deal with people of all levels
If you have got the relevant skills and experience to fulfil this Glueing Machine Minder position then forward your CV in the strictest of confidence by applying now. Or alternatively call Scott Davies for further information.