HEAD OF PROJECTS - SIGNAGE & LARGE FORMAT
£45K + Car / Car Allowance + Bonus (Negotiable) + Pension
Our client is a Sign and Large Format company based in the South East. They are currently looking to recruit a Head of Projects to join their team. The project team will provide project support for permanent signage projects e.g. architectural, retail, schools, and hospitals as well as any other projects within scope etc.
- Head of projects will lead on best practice, conduct and capability and ensure that their team performs to the agreed KPI's.
- They will provide leadership and management to their team as well as run their own projects.
- They will be required to attend the monthly management meetings and weekly operations meetings and report on their teams KPI's.
- The Head of project is responsible for the project management process.
- The head of projects is responsible for ensuring that the work brought in by the business development team is allocated to the correct project management resource to ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget.
- They will work closely with the Sales Director to scope projects and help with tenders and contracts.
- They will decide whether their internal Project Managers can resource a project or if it requires an out sourced Project Manager, their decisions will be based on skills levels, availability and experience.
- They will also build a reliable bank of outsourced Project Managers.
- They will be responsible for the project team budget and for commercial decisions as well as team discipline and capability.
- They will lead on supplier management and procurement on all projects.
- They will be looking for the Head of Projects to introduce and maintain a 'three quotes' policy for all new projects.
- They will uphold their commitment to exceptional customer service, deal with customer complaints through agreed process and lead on continuous improvement of their team and their processes.
- Customer focus - Understands the business rationale for exceptional customer focus. Provides an excellent service to meet internal customer and external client needs, anticipates customer and client needs and performance often exceeds expectation, able to give valuable advice in response to enquiries and meets or exceeds deadlines.
- Commercial awareness - Identifies best practice and applies to own area, consistently seeking to improve bottom line performance and client satisfaction, makes decisions based on long term success and links these to both the company and client's aims, good numeracy skills enabling reliable forecasting, proposal development and quotations or scheduling or work and identifies risks and their impact.
- Communication - Is able to effectively transfer key and complex information at all levels, adapting the style of communication as necessary and ensuring that the information is understood, excellent and accurate standard of written and verbal communication, ensures that important messages are being communicated and understood to all stakeholders, is able to influence and persuade key decision makers, able to motivate others through building effective relationships and gaining their full support for achieving outcomes, deals with challenge and questions effectively and even when under pressure.
- Planning - able to organise own time effectively, creates own work schedules, prioritises, prepares in advance and sets realistic timescales, role models organisational skills to others, the ability to visualise a sequence of actions needed to achieve a specific goal and how to estimate the resources required and can delegate effectively and manage workload through the team.
- Team work - Works effectively as part of a team or as a Team Leader, contributes ideas and solutions to support the best use of resources to meet the project/teams' objectives and demonstrates effective delegation, performance monitoring and motivation of the team.