Injection Moulding Tecnnician
Permanent Nights 5 on 4 off 6-6
Commutable from Manchester, Blackburn, Burnley, Bolton, North West
Salary - £DOE
Plastics company who manufacture various household packaging goods and products through the process of injection moulding. They have 62 machines ranging from 100T-1000T primarily Billion so this machinery experience is looked upon favourably.
Injection Moulding Technician
This is a role for an experienced Injection Mould Technician who will be willing to work permanent nights 5 on 4 off, 12 hour shifts.
You will work within the Manufacturing department involved in the implementation of innovative products and initiatives to help improve production efficiencies and waste. Applicants will ideally be an apprentice served Technician with at least 5 years of injection moulding experience, possess excellent technical knowledge of plastics and polymers and have substantial experience of working on hydraulic Injection Moulding machines.
As an Injection Moulding Technician, you will be involved in the setting, running and changing of mould tools, validation of new tooling and the analysis of defect, fixture or material problems.
The Injection Moulding Technician must:
- Ensure optimization of machines and equipment to achieve continuous production.
- Working strictly to the Health & Safety Policy ensuring P.P.E. is supplied and worn at all times.
- Set machine and processing equipment to specification.
- Carryout tool changes to procedures and to standard tool change times.
- Working with development teams to introduce new materials, productions or processing technology.
- Identification of tooling conditions and repairs required.
- Perform regular quality checks at each stage of the injection moulding process, including 1st offs, last-offs and IPC.
- Ensure all validated processes are running within the defined scope of the process parameters.
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the plastics department Supervisor/Manager.
- Knowledge of the properties and processing behaviour of polymer materials.
- Basic knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Familiar with IML robotic systems and 6 axis robot is a bonus
- Health and Safety issues Codes of practice relevant to the industry.
- Experience in communicating actively & effectively to team members.
- Demonstrated hands on experience of tool changes, first & last off approvals & process start-ups is beneficial
- Good mechanical aptitude numerate and literate skills.
- Team player - Willing to train other employees and learn additional skills where required.
- Apprenticeship served/formal training in plastics processing.
- Experience of Setting machines / Optimising processes / Process trials & validation.