We have 3 Vacancies in our Finishing Team following recent growth and investment
Why join OPM (labels and packaging)Group?
OPM is an independent family owned self-adhesive label & flexible packaging manufacturer based in Leeds. OPM has an excellent reputation for innovating by investing in new equipment, technology and processes. All our products are produced to ISO 9001:2015, BRC/IoP Global Standard Food Packaging standards Grade AA and PS9000:2016. Our team are dedicated to providing great service & excellent quality products, & our supportive & welcoming company culture underpins over 35 years of successful business. We are committed to creating an engaging and rewarding work environment for all of our employees.
What to expect from this opportunity: Based in Leeds (West Yorkshire)
Attractive starting salary- £19,500 per annum, increasing to £20,763 pa after probationary period
Immediate start, Shift flexibility essential. Uniforms will be provided.
Hours of work: Based on weekly rotating shift pattern. Early and late shift 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday and night shift 38¾ hours per week working Sunday to Thursday.
Holidays: 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
You will be auto enrolled in to the Company Pension Scheme
Production machine operating: 1 year (Required)
Quality control/ inspection: 1 year (Preferred)
Working in target driven, busy manufacturing environment: 1 year (Required)
Competent IT use: 1 year (Preferred)
What we are looking for:
Experience in Rewinding / Inspection will be advantageous but we are also willing to train the right people with a commitment and a positive ‘can do’ attitude. You must have an eye for detail and keen to focus on productivity whilst ensuring a high standard of quality control, as well as being able to demonstrate manual dexterity, good communication skills (both verbal and written), organisational skills with a methodical approach to work.
The Role You will work within a press team and be responsible for completing the finishing of the master printed reel to the clients packing specification. The operator transforms the printed product into a usable form through slitting, rewinding and counting, while carrying out inspection of the printed labels or reels. This role is critical to the production process and the success of delivering our products On Time and In Full (OTIF) to the customer.
Job duties will include:
- Ability to read and follow work order specifications;
- Setup and operation of Rewind Inspection Machines using hand tools;
- Verify size and alignment of rewind rolls;
- Inspect for quality and consistency of product while machine is operating and adjust as necessary;
- Identifying and removing all non-conforming products, set up and in-process waste
- Label all finished products and package all products in appropriate boxes;
- Ensure total quality through use of good manufacturing practice and company standard operating procedures;
- Operate fully 100% inspection unit/AVT System when rewinding OPM product.
- Share with other operator’s inspection details with regard to historical jobs when required.
- Responsibly add operator comments to MIS system.
- Responsibility for keeping a clean & organised working environment.
- Overtime may be occasionally required in order to meet deadlines.
You must have: A willingness to learn and be part of a friendly, dedicated and hard-working team;
Ability to work well in a high pressure environment;
Strong communication and must be able to work well with others;
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
Good basic IT skills, literacy and numeracy;
Good colour perception (Must pass colour vision test)
Equal Opportunities OPM Group is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age.
If you have Passion, Drive and Focus, We want you to be part of our Winning Team Today
send your CV to email@example.com