We are working with a company which has been at the heart of the packaging industry for a multitude of decades. They specialise in designing and manufacturing creative, personalised food packaging products.
This leading food packaging manufacturer has an opening within their multi-skilled design department – a department whose role is to help expand the company’s creative offering. They are looking for a Junior Carton Construction designer to work closely with the design team to not only meet but exceed expectations for innovative food packaging creativity. Developing relationships with internal and external sales teams, clients and in-house creative and technical experts will enable the delivery of a personalised and efficient service to meet customers’ needs. These customers will be some of the highest profile brands in the food industry, and you will cover both current and future packaging design. Elements of design will include the form, materials and design for retail. From ideation through final production, you will be responsible for producing high quality, creative and detailed solutions.
Performance in key tasks carried out in this designer role will be measured by the achievement of work in a rapid, reliable and effective way.
Tasks will include:
- Develop and define packaging from briefs originating from both clients and colleagues alike.
- Make revisions, additions and improvements to archived designs.
- Work in collaboration with internal teams to ensure the compatibility of new designs with existing manufacturing facilities.
- Continuously develop an understanding, and ability to learn, of the complexities and challenges associated with a busy packaging manufacturing plant.
- Produce layouts for estimating and die making.
- Create technical dimensional drawings.
- Make samples and prototypes from a wide range of boards, maintaining attention to detail throughout the repetitions of this task.
- Work with the Marketing team to develop innovative and unique products that reflect emerging food and eating trends from around the world.
We are looking for a junior carton construction designer who ticks all the following boxes:
- Proven recent and relevant experience in packaging 3D/construction design which demonstrates high levels of creativity to exceed expectations in delivering innovative and creative packaging solutions.
- Experience within the food packaging environment would be advantageous but not necessary.
- A self-starter with a positive ‘can do’ spirit able to demonstrate excellent communication, technical, innovation and creative skills in order to advise on and design an ever-evolving range of paperboard and combination packaging, primarily for the retail and food service sectors.
- Demonstrate a strong and genuine interest, as well as a creative flair, for packaging and its associated markets to contribute taking pride in a strong NPD programme as part of a creative team.
- Confident and accurate computer and data-entry skills
- Excellent communications skills – verbally, interpersonally and in writing across a range of mediums such as email, etc.
- Calm, organised, helpful and flexible with a willingness to learn and help others as a team player.
- Be able to work to deadlines and work under pressure, multi-tasking to adjust priorities in a constantly changing environment using highly organised administration to support.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, register with us at harrison-scott.com/candidates/register/
Please note that we will always seek candidates’ permission before sending a CV to clients.