Role: Junior Packaging Technologist/ Packaging Technologist.
Reporting to: Packaging Manager
Specialising in the creation of high quality personal care and beauty products for the consumer and trade markets - Skincare, Fragrance, Haircare, Bodycare, Male Grooming, Luxury Bathing, Gifting and Home Fragrance.
An exciting opportunity, we are looking to recruit a self-starter, passionate about packaging & making a difference in the business, has some experience of working with creative teams to take packaging projects from briefing through to development, filling & launch stages.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop fit for purpose packaging through robust pack testing and line trials.
- Develop and issue comprehensive technical component specifications.
- Assist Buying team with sourcing and encourage suppliers to present new / innovative packaging solutions, processes and developments.
- Monitor NPD timescales against agreed critical paths.
- Identify and manage the pack risk with the project team, being flexible and re-prioritising activities as required.
- Operate corrective action procedures to reduce risk of repeated errors.
- Conduct value analysis studies for potential cost saving.
- Establish and maintain effective links / visits with key customers / suppliers and industry sources.
- Brief suppliers on componentry and request samples and quotes, where required.
- Re-source packaging, if required.
- Prepare cutter guides for artwork preparation.
- Supply the R&D department with componentry and relevant documentation for compatibility testing.
- Complete reports relating to packaging, packaging waste and pre-production.
- Check all artwork, carry out barcode verifications and attend print runs.