NEW VACANCY! (PK6730)
LABEL PRESS OPERATORS - FLEXO
£Open depending on Experience
Hours: 3 shifts, 5 days a week (6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm / 10pm - 6am)
Our client is the world's leading provider of receipt and innovative label solutions which create value for our customers by enhancing transaction recording, ensuring order accuracy and improving operational efficiency. They achieve this by providing highly differentiated label solutions and being the lowest cost manufacturer of paper receipts. They offer a complete solution with more than 10,000 products.
The company is expanding its label portfolio in Europe and have an exciting opportunity for a Flexographic Label Press Operator to join their global production / manufacturing company at their UK facility. Reporting to the Plant Manager the successful candidate will need to have a continuous improvement mindset and a focus on health & safety.
- The Label Press Operator is responsible for supporting goals of the plant in efficient operation of a flexographic press, printing labels to specification ensuring consistent quality.
- This is a technical and skilled position requiring strong mechanical aptitude and previous flexographic press experience.
- Candidates should have solid print environment experience, strong math skills, good attendance, and a desire to grow and learn with a label career focus
*The role will involve printing plain single colour labels and rewinding. There is long term potential to become a Supervisor of the department as this is a new division and press.
The following skills and experience are ideally required:
- Follow all standard safety guidelines
- Set up/adjust label press for job runs to meet specifications
- Mix and match colours to PMS book.
- Must have working knowledge of ink management for water base and UV inks
- Monitor product and computerized equipment for quality during job runs.
- Check precision of detail against specifications.
- Take action to correct any problems
- Print jobs maintaining optimum production rate, colour density, registration, and quality standard within company and customer guidelines
- Interface with production software to record job status, material, and labour information
- Comply with all company procedures, safety, and quality guidelines
- Ensure proper cleanliness of press, work station, and immediate press area by following good housekeeping practice
- Exhibit safety-first attitude from proper PPE compliance to maintaining an environmentally safe and hazard-free work environment.
- Compliance with all workplace and product safety standards required
- 2 years' experience in label manufacturing process
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced team environment and adapt to change
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude and quality conscious
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Responsible for working required overtime