NEW VACANCY! (PK6828)
LAMINATION / COLDSEAL OPERATOR
COMMUTABLE FROM DERBYSHIRE, CHESHIRE & STAFFORDSHIRE
Salary up to £14.19 per hr
Continental Shift Pattern - (4 nights 3 off, 3 days 1 off 3 nights 3 off, 4 days 7 off)
A printer and converter of flexible packaging has a vacancy for a Lamination/Coldseal Operative. Reporting to the Process Manager /Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for running a lamination/coldseal machine delivering right first-time quality together with compliance to quality SOP's. You will also ensure adherence to best practice with further compliance to company health and safety procedures.
You will be responsible for running one of the company's lamination/coldseal machines, producing work right first time to customer specifications, achieving all company operational KPI's
- Operate all m/c's within the dept
- Embrace continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure health and safety policies and procedures and work instructions are followed and adhered to
- Ensure that the process manager/team leader is kept informed of any production issues or non-conformance.
- Deliver/ exceed output levels as dictated by operational strategy
- To monitor machine performance and report any maintenance issues or repairs required via the TCard system
- Complete production paperwork accurately and on time and ensure data recorded on EFI is accurate.
- Provide overtime cover as is necessary and reasonable.
- Follow cleaning regime ensuring all documentation is completed
- To undertake reasonable requests as directed by the team leader or management
- Key Attributes (including desirable skills, qualifications & experience):
- Reliable, motivated, and enthusiastic about producing a quality finished
product to customer specification
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and the capacity to work to demanding deadlines
- Demonstrate being able to work as part of a team and be able to manage workload, operate machinery to allocated schedules without direction
- Be keen to learn new skills and be able to demonstrate a flexible attitude.
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrate personal accountability and have a 'right first time' approach.
- Have relevant experience in a manufacturing role Have Maths and English GCSE at a minimum grade of 4 or equivalent