SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Laminator Operator is responsible for setting up the solventless adhesive laminator, running production of the laminator, cleaning and all related maintenance of the machine.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE LAMINATOR OPERATOR
- Identifies and ensures that proper materials are used for production
- Ensures mistakes are not made and materials match as necessary
- Manages pre-run testing of the material to ensure the correct coding weights and bond strength are applied
- Runs the proper amount of material/footage to the job order
- Completes proper checking of production and material
- Prepares for production at the end of each day for the following day
- Correctly build up production orders and doctor blade assemblies
- Perform all required quality checks prior to producing all production orders to ensure a product can be processed at the next stage of the manufacturing process.
- Load and unload material from the laminators using defined equipment
- Install/remove laminator sleeves as required for each production order.
- Follow the production schedule as issued by production control
- Set up & Operate specific Laminating Machine according to company laminating procedures and guidelines.*
- Apply proper adhesive and wind rolls according to specs.
- Job Order interpretation.
- Follow equipment and workplace cleaning/sanitation procedures, to complete Sanitation checklist
- Check first, middle and last piece conformance to specifications.
- Enter data into Microsoft Dynamics Floorshop Module
- Perform daily and periodic preventative maintenance duties specified for assigned machines/equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of machines/equipment and adjacent work area to BRC standards.
- Report quality issues to Production Manager for analysis and/or remedy
- Report all Food Safety Violations to management
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read rulers
- Ability to read and understand gauges
- Testing of equipment
- Ability to use a micrometer
- Understanding of lamination process
- Must have good communication skills both personal and via Email
- Multiple machine qualifications preferred.
- Must have outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Must have good judgement with decision making in regards to Safety and Quality.
- Ability to complete production related documentation on both computer and paper forms
- Must have excellent team skills
- Ability to take direction from several individuals
- Ability to work additional overtime if required to get the job tasks completed
- Self-motivated and ability to make decisions
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 3-5 years of experience in production, lamination and printing setting
- Forklift operation
- College or A-Levels preferred
- GMP and HACCP certification in food related manufacturing and processing.
- Ability to pass training tests/methods to become qualified on one or more alternative production machines such as slitting, pouching, and printing.
Key Words: Lamination / Packaging / Manufacturing