NEW VACANCY! (SC3331)
LOGISTICS & COLLATION MANAGER - LARGE FORMAT KENT
£OPEN (DOE) + Overtime + 25 Days Holiday + Pension
Our client is a leading large format graphics and display Company based in Kent, looking for individuals who want to put their hand up and challenge convention to create something exciting, bigger and better each and every time.
They are now looking to recruit a Logistics & Collation Manager to join their team.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for management of the department team members, ensuring that they all work to the required standards.
- Ensuring that customers campaign and event products arrive on time, in full and in pristine condition.
- Responsible for collating, packing and logistics moves for products across all the customer sectors
- Organise and supervise the logistics and collation team and department
- Ensure that all items of an event/campaign are suitably protected for the movement from production facility to their end destination correctly collated and shipped on the correct date and service.
- Ensure that all members of the department adhere to Health & Safety guidelines (specifically around manual handling and operations of a fork lift)
- Setting up daily, hourly tasks for shifts across the department.
- Scheduling works, projects and campaign requirements to fit within production requirements and project timeframes.
- Overseeing the stock levels and ordering of equipment and sundries for the department, control of resource levels and working hours for team members.
- Maintaining and growing a broad network logistics/staffing suppliers ensuring that they meet the exact requirements
- Ensure that all department members are following all appropriate ways of working and procedures for each task and ensuring that quality processes are met and followed.
- Liaison with production and account teams to allow for timely availability of graphics for collation and despatch responding to specific logistics and collation requests or updates
- Manage the escalation process, understand and manage risk.
- Identify opportunities for individual and department performance improvement.
- Quarterly department and supplier reviews including quality and Issue logging and reporting.
- Managing the goods in/out process and communication channels into the business improving these with processes and procedures.
- Management of the production, logistics floor and outside yard space to ensure that it's a safe, clean tidy and workable environment.
Skills / Experience:
- A strong personality with excellent Managerial skills
- Excellent ability to project manage, problem solve, work to deadlines and have fantastic organisation
- Able to multi-task and prioritise, you will be working across a number of activities with tight deadlines.
- Expected to form effective relationships with both account and production teams and supply base of logistic
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Being available as key contact for logistical process is a must