NEW VACANCY! (PK7005)
LOGISTICS TEAM LEADER MILTON KEYNES
£Open depending on Experience + Annual Bonus + Pension + 33 Days Holiday + Health cash plan + Private healthcare + Sick pay scheme + Salary sacrifice schemes + Life Assurance
Hours: Mon to Fri 08:30 to 17:30
Our Client operates a very busy office and warehousing unit in the Milton Keynes area. They are currently looking for a Logistics Team Leader to join their team who will be reporting into the Head of Finance, to be responsible for the movement of goods in, out and around the business.
This is an autonomous and pivotal role within the business, strong organisational skills are essential as is administrative and communication skills. You must be used to dealing with customers and colleagues at all levels of the business in a professional manner. You will need to work closely with other staff to ensure that this role operates successfully.
- Supervise the warehouse, space planning, physical security, arrivals and dispatches
- Team lead two Logistic Operatives
- Manage Stock levels, stock checks and returns
- Management reporting
- Warehouse safety
- Contribute toward process improvements and space utilisation
- Ensure accurate reporting of defective equipment and of shipping issues in a timely manner
- Ensure stocks controlled via regular checks in adherence with the group operating procedures along with Engineer stock counts.
- Work with other disciplines to set lowest realistic stock levels
- Ensure accurate data recording within the company's stock control system and assist with reconciliation of this with the records held in the financial system
- ETR and UVR
- MRP implementation and monitoring
- There will from time to time be other ad-hoc tasks, that may reasonably be required but not specified above.
- Working with the team to ensure holiday cover for department
- SAP experience essential
- Import/Export training (Incoterms; Intrastat etc.)
- Overseeing the team, working closely and effectively to ensure a smooth running of the team
- Excellent communicator
- Excel competent
- Health & Safety training
- Self-motivated and well organised