NEW VACANCY!! (DM1184)
MACHINERY OPERATORS - DIRECT MAIL
£Open depending on Experience + Overtime
Hours / Shifts: 6am to 2.30pm and 2.15pm to 10.45pm (40 hours per week) - flexible with overtime
Our client offers a complete mailing solution for their clients, they provide all-round solutions for direct mail campaigns, offering clients high quality data processing, envelope / polythene enclosing, mail fulfilment and postage services.
They are currently looking for a number of Machine Operators to join their busy production department. The role will be to support the achievement of the business goals and objectives by assisting the management team in the operation of the machines and ensuring that high quality that is met alongside the planned schedules and customer specifications.
Experience operating the following machinery will be a distinct advantage: Kern, CMC, Sitma/CMC Paperwrap.
- You will be expected to support the supervisor in the smooth running of the team and undertake support tasks as directed.
- You will be responsible in setting up and loading machines, including all stocks that are relevant to the production of each particular work stream. Ensuring that all loaded materials are correct against supplied samples packs.
- You must ensure that there is a continuous supply of stock to provide an unbroken production run.
- You must carry out QA checks and ensure that they match the signed samples, and that they are recorded onto the appropriate documentation. All paperwork must be filled out to a high level of accuracy and legibility.
- You are responsible for ensuring speed and quality of work is maintained along with accurate documentation, and sufficient stock is available to carry out the work.
- Good time keeping and attendance must be maintained to support the other team members.
- You will be expected to participate in team meetings and to work as a member of a team to ensure fair distribution of the team's workload ensuring that the teams production targets are achieved.
- Ensure that all work is accurate and consistent throughout the run and is regularly monitored for any defects.
- You are expected to assist the other team members to maintain a tidy and clean work area and ensuring that the machines/factory are regularly cleaned
- Your experience and skills are to be used to assist/advise/progress other print operators.
- Any faults with the machinery are to be reported directly to the supervisor/engineering/relevant vendor with full details and error codes if applicable.
- You are responsible for meeting agreed deadlines set by the supervisor
- If any print work is under-threat of not meeting the deadline, this should be reported to the team leader immediately
- You should display an urgency to your work which will set/show an example to other operators.
- Ensure that you look to continually improve the manufacturing process.
- To undertake any relevant internal and external training.
- To be supportive of the Company's accreditation 9001, 14001 & 27001.