A rare opportunity has arisen to join a specialist printer dedicated to pushing the boundaries of technology and providing customers with the best opportunities to deliver their print campaigns. The role as Maintenance Engineer (electrical bias) will help with the maintenance, fault finding and repair of our client's Print and Finishing machinery in addition to the general maintenance of the site as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Prioritise and respond effectively to urgent machine breakdowns and perform electrical/mechanical repairs.
- Undertake general, routine and preventative maintenance/checks of all equipment.
- Complete machine fault-finding and troubleshooting, as necessary, to reach a prompt resolution.
- Train production colleagues, as required, in basic machine maintenance.
- General ad-hoc site maintenance.
- Compliance with Health & Safety standards.
We are looking for candidates who possess:
- An electrical/mechanical qualification and a demonstrable background in a similar role.
- Experience working in a fast-paced production environment.
- Knowledge/experience of working within the print industry would be highly advantageous.
- The organisation skills to prioritise and manage daily workload.
- The ability to use own initiative and ‘think outside of the box’ to identify solutions.
- Skills to multi-task and work to tight deadlines whilst ensuring high standards/health & safety compliance is maintained.
- Logic and reasoning to identify solutions to fault-find and troubleshoot.
- The flexibility on start and finish times to respond to machine breakdowns.
To meet the requirements of the factory which currently operates 24/7, the opportunity is offered on the following shift pattern.
40 hours per week: Monday – Friday: 6:00am-14:30pm and 13:30-22:00pm.
On call: Every other weekend.