Globally renowned Cartonboard Packaging Manufacturer at the forefront of the Retail, FMCG Food packaging industry, actively seek to appoint an experienced Operations Manager to drive Production efficiency within their growing Yorkshire based plant.
With responsibility for full management of the operational activities of Manufacturing and Maintenance, you will lead and manage the expansive manufacturing teams and employees in achieving the productivity, safety, quality, service, financial and process consistency goals and objectives.
Through effective management of manufacturing and support services, you will balance the challenges of meeting customer needs with optimizing operational effectiveness and the role will have responsibility for all site operational activities. You will lead both internal and external projects, driving lean and process improvement initiatives and acting as the main point of contact for day to day production output optimisation.
You must possess highly effective organisational and interpersonal skills, aligned with strong leadership, co-ordination and resource management and a proven aptitude for driving continual improvements in machine productivity and efficiency, waste reduction, product quality and customer service levels.
- Manufacturing Operations leadership experience with an ability to build high performing and collaborative teams
- Technical and problem-solving skills with proven ability to facilitate process improvement teams
- Demonstrable knowledge and leadership of operations, service, quality, environmental and safety systems.
- Adherence to the company’s health safety & environment standards (HASAWA Act)
- Compliance with the company’s quality standards (ISO9001 and BRC/IoP, AIP, FSC/PEFC)
- Desired experience of driving continuous improvement projects through a working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma techniques such as SMED, 5S, Kaizen and TPM but not essential
- Knowledge in Cartonboard – FMCG / Food Packaging
With a proven record of effectiveness within a highly pressurised Packaging manufacturing environment, you will work closely with the Plant Manager as a key member of the Senior Management team, working at a strategic level to lead and drive continued significant change and growth.
This is a key role within an evolving and fantastic Global Business that is highly regarded by it’s peers, so demands an individual with clear ambition, an impressive array of experience and a robustness of personality and character that can consistently drive effective change and impact within the remit.