Operations Manager | Digital Printing / Inkjet | Hertfordshire | £60,000 - £65,000
Our prestigious client have a newly created role of Operations Manager to act as a senior member of the Production Management team. This Operations Manager opportunity will play a pivotal role in developing the manufacturing and production process and work closely with the Production Director to streamline processes, reduce spoilage costs and improve KPI’s, and be the conduit for productivity and planning. Working in collaboration with other business areas to deliver complex projects on budget, accurately and on time. The ability to form strong working relationships along with managing multiple teams and individuals is a key requirement.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Improving the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the strategic development plan and the culture of continuous improvement.
- Improving management reporting, information flow, lean manufacturing and organisational planning.
- Increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the Production division through identifying and overseeing improvements to each area within the Production division
- Playing a significant role in long-term planning, including initiatives aimed at gaining operational excellence.
- Having input to disaster recovery and business continuity plans and be able to initiate these as and when required.
- Promoting a positive working environment and motivating team members, leading by example.
- Ensuring effective coordination and communication between the different working groups in the Production Division.
- Demonstrating best practice and ensuring all staff adhere to the Company’s Health & Safety responsibilities and operating within Company ISO Management Systems i.e. 27001, 45001, 9001 and 14001.
About the successful Operations Manager:
- Extensive experience of Production Management within the Printing Industry or related area
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma or Lean manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Experience of digital & inkjet printing as continuous feed and sheet fed.
- Variable Data knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style, evidence of being a strong communicator and have proficiency in MS Packages including Excel and Word.
- Have a proven record of success in engaging, inspiring and coaching across functional teams.
- Experience of working with ISO Standards 27001, 45001, 9001 and 14001.
Does this sound like you!? Please get in touch for more details ASAP!