Join Westrock a global packaging Company, built on the foundations of our employees to provide a winning solution to our customers.
Operations Manager - Littlehampton
A rare and exciting opportunity has opened up at Westrock – Littlehampton. This well established Labels site is seeking a strong dynamic Operations Manager to take the site to the next level.
This senior appointment will lead the Littlehampton management team and report into a multi-site Operations Director.
You will manage the day to day operations of the site by developing people, structure, organisation and improving processes.
To do this, you will have exceptional people management and leadership qualities and promote a culture of team working, people development, continuous improvement and embrace the Westrock values and behaviours.
By driving performance across the site you will deliver exceptional results within agreed budgets. You will maximise revenue opportunities and this will be the key to your success.
- Ensure operations align to achieve financial targets and budgets
- Overall responsibility for departmental managers to achieve day to dayoperational targets and objectives
- Act as the high level decision maker in critical operational situations which impact site performance referring those believed beyond your scope to the Operations Director
- Daily analysis of key operational KPI’s and maintaining managers accountability for results
- Develop hands on approach compatible with MPS cultural norms
- Maintain standards on site through the use of company policies including disciplinary process, absence policies, overtime allocations and appraisal systems
- Ensuring new work is “on boarded” efficiently and effectively using the NPI process
- Use of Management Operating System structures, dashboards and KPI’s to monitor and improve site performance
- Maintaining optimal headcount within budget to achieve capacity, efficiency, financial results and customer service
- Ensure stock levels are managed and controlled with a focus on aged stock reduction
- Focus on key P&L cost reductions such as freight, overtime, material wastage
- On site cost control of purchasing ensuring budgets are achieved and factory maintained
- The development and implementation of CAPEX projects to budget
- Identifying long term issues and solutions in workflow to maintain stability and control on site
- Develop best practices across the site and continual improvement programs
- Ensure site compliance to health and safety, environmental requirements and audit activity to support the company’s products and reputation as an employer of choice and a quality supplier
- Liaise with senior leadership and shared functions such as purchasing, HR, Finance to achieve site objectives.
- Continual engagement of people through communication, daily actions, site briefs and discretionary rewards
- Create a culture where people are included in improvements and feel ownership for the site
- Generate a consensus of goals, vision and collaborative environment in line with Westrock Values and Behaviours
Qualifications and Experience
- Hold a relevant degree or similar thought experience and vocational learning
- Knowledge/ experience of the print and packaging industry
- Experience within the Label industry will be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience managing people in the manufacturing environment
For a full job description, please email email@example.com